Any secluded, nice quiet beaches in Roatan

pseudochicken

Hiya!

I was wondering if there were any nice secluded beaches in Roatan? I heard the West End and West Bay beaches are nice, but I get the sense that West Bay could be a bit crowded. I am thinking of something with a rain forest to my back, and hardly anyone around me. I don't care about food stands or shopping, just RELAXATION. Does such a beach exist in Roatan? If I have to pay for a day pass at some resort that'll give me semi-exclusion to a nice beach, I would consider that also.

I heard that you can get nice tours of the island, but it seems that Roatan will be the only opportunity for my girlfriend and me to NOT go on some excursion. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

There are a few nice secluded beaches however time often is a factor when you only have a few hours on the island.Depending on how much time you will have you may want to look into Paya Bay, it is a good hour or so away from the dock but is probably the nicest natural beach on Roatan, there is also some nice beaches at Camp Bay. There are also others that are kept more private and quiet and while all beaches are public, access may not be so unless you have your own boat, helicopter, jet pack or similar they are pretty much off limits. Face it, if people started advertising nice quiet secluded beaches on Cruise Critic they would no longer be nice quiet secluded beaches.

This is on of my favorites that I regularly visit, it usually has just as many people at it as you see in the picture.

JanRoatan0069.jpg

I think Camp Bay is the nicest beach on the island- however to get there you need at least 1 hour each way and once you are there (probably by yourselves) there is nothing in the way of amenities, and the bugs are hungry so bring bug spray!

Thank you both for your responses! We are in Roatan for 10 hours (7AM-5PM). We are actually doing this cruise in early January, but this is the Caribbean, so weather should not be a factor. :cool:

That picture looks fantastic! If you are afraid of releasing that place's location on the message boards I totally understand, but if you'd be alright sending me the name of that beach to my email, I'd be very appreciative!

benlwoods@yahoo.com

In any case thank you very much! It is my junk email but I'll sift through it.

Now you say it is about an hour away, is that by taxi? How big is the island of Roatan? Does it compare with the Southern Islands? How much would it cost round trip?

We went to Roatan on one of our first cruises and loved Tabyana beach. We went back there last summer on another cruise. I usually try to find excursions to do on our own but since we had shipboard credit, we booked the excursion to Tabyana on the ship. We booked the earliest excursion before the beach got crowded. Search Tabyana beach pictures online.

Hope this helps.

We went to Roatan on one of our first cruises and loved Tabyana beach.

I may be mistaken but when the OP mentioned wanting "secluded, nice quiet beaches in Roatan" I did not think the most popular tourist beach was really what they were looking for.

Archived