double stroller

deppong

this is not a cruise question but I knew you guys could help. We are going to disney with a 3yr old and 10 mo. old I would like to bring the side by side twin jogging stroller but I dont know if I can check it at the gate or do I need to put it in checked baggage. If we have to check it it not of much use as I would have to carry extra strollers for before and ater we get off the plane. thanks for any help you can give us. (I would never dream of taking it on a cruise just in case someone thinks thats what I am going to do. It would never fit in the hallways or in the room!)

thanks for the quick reply I knew I could count on CC. I was a little worried onwhere they could put it on the plane.

When our daughter stilled used a stroller, we would drop it off at the end of the gangway (for lack of a better word), right before we stepped on the plane. The crew put all the strollers below w/ the luggage.

When the plane lands you just need to wait where you dropped it off for the crew to bring the strollers back up.

this is not a cruise question but I knew you guys could help. We are going to disney with a 3yr old and 10 mo. old I would like to bring the side by side twin jogging stroller but I dont know if I can check it at the gate or do I need to put it in checked baggage. If we have to check it it not of much use as I would have to carry extra strollers for before and ater we get off the plane. thanks for any help you can give us. (I would never dream of taking it on a cruise just in case someone thinks thats what I am going to do. It would never fit in the hallways or in the room!)

If it doesn't fit thru the machine then they will hand check your stroller. Just remember to allow for about 15 extra minutes at security, to be on the safe side.

Other poster is correct, get a gate check tag for the stroller (either where you check in or at the gate) and you can ask where you should leave it before you actually get on the place. Strollers usually come up quick once you have landed because they are the last on the plane so they are the first to get unloaded.

Happy sailing!

thanks for the reply. I did call united and they told me pretty much what you all just said. It is going to make our lives much easier with this stroller versus 2 umbrella strollers that the kids cant sleep in. I wish we were going on a cruise but we decided to rent a house with a pool in orlando and do the disney thing this year with our grandchildren. Hopefully next year we will cruise again.

thanks for all your help!

Archived