ms Ryndam before the dry dock?

pseudochicken

Hello.

I am booked with my gf for a cruise to the Caribbean right after new years. I noticed that the Ryndam will be in dry dock for 10 days in February.

I was just wondering: Is HAL just giving it a scheduled upgrade or is the Ryndam in serious need of polishing up and fixing? I know HAL means quality, so maybe my standards are already low and I won't notice. :p

Anyway, I just booked this today and I am super excited! We're a young couple, but like the finer things in life, I like to think. We're planning on relaxing and exploring some of these ports of call. This will be the first time I've been on a modestly sized ship. I suppose Carnival Inspiration isn't that large, but at the time it was pretty big and it had nearly 1,000 more passengers than the Ryndam can hold. I'm looking forward to the intamacy of this vessel, which will be something very different for me!

Neither of us really had a summer to speak of aside from an Alaskan cruise, so we're EXTREMELY excited to get some warm weather in winter. I've taken tropical cruises before, but never this early in winter. Earliest was late March... Any advice? :cool:

Archived