Too old for zip line in PV????

friedmom

I'd love to hear reports from the over 60 crowd on ziplining. I'm 64, and yes, sometimes my back hurts. (And my neck, and my knees, and my hips.....) Just how physically demanding is this zip line experience? How are you strapped in? How secure does it feel? Is it difficult to maintain a comfortable posture? Do you get dizzy? The walking uphill is not a problem for me - I'm in pretty good aerobic condition, but the bones and joints aren't what they used to be! We're traveling with our 18 year old daughter, who dearly wants to do this, and it does sound amazing. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I may be game to try. Any other "old farts" who have done this?

I did it a couple of years ago in PV when I was 60 and had a good time. This was the second time I ziplined (the first time was several years ago in St. Lucia and there were two 80 year olds in our group who did it--figured if they could do it, so could I). I didn't find it all that physically demanding. I can't remember where we went but they were very professional and you should feel safe and secure at all times. My biggest thing was I dislike heights so I had to get over that. So I say--GO FOR IT. Your daughter will love it. And talk your husband into it.

We did it in Roatan a couple of years ago when we were 61 & 62. Really, it was no problem, and this course had some kind of challenging rope and plank bridges.

We're both in pretty decent shape for our age with no major problems, though, like bad knees or back. Unless you are very restricted in mobility, you should be okay, but you have to know your own capabilities.

I didn't find it hard at all (except the rope bridges, which everyone struggled on). You didn't have to do the bridges--you could get off and walk those sections. We also were driven to the top. You do have to climb up to the first platform and down from the last, but it wasn't hard.

I felt secure; you're put on a kind of saddle like thing that straps onto the line. It looks a little bit like a baby swing, but fits tightly around your rear and waist.

I didn't get dizzy and had no trouble staying upright if I wanted too. The guides really take care of you and help when needed. I thought it was amazing fun.

We're planning on ziplining again this December on our Panama Canal cruise at 63 and 64

I'd love to hear reports from the over 60 crowd on ziplining. I'm 64, and yes, sometimes my back hurts. (And my neck, and my knees, and my hips.....) Just how physically demanding is this zip line experience? How are you strapped in? How secure does it feel? Is it difficult to maintain a comfortable posture? Do you get dizzy? The walking uphill is not a problem for me - I'm in pretty good aerobic condition, but the bones and joints aren't what they used to be! We're traveling with our 18 year old daughter, who dearly wants to do this, and it does sound amazing. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I may be game to try. Any other "old farts" who have done this?

3 "geezers" did the Los Veranos in PV just 3 weeks ago. I'm the youngest at 51, then we had 58 and celebrated our friend's 70th. We are all not particularly in shape (and in fact one of us was recovering from a hip and leg break earlier this year). It was a blast and a half and I highly recommend it. The guys who are there to help (at least 8 of them) are sweet and lovely while making the experience fun and lighthearted. We adopted them all. We felt VERY safe and in excellent hands throughout. BTW, they told us there had been a man & his wife recently, he 93 she late 80s. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Archived