1a room on Freedom

bchbum641

We booked room 2217 on the Freedom for the Jan. 16th cruise a long time ago for cheap and were hoping to upgrade later if possible but now all the rooms are sold out. This room has a sofa bed and a twin that I don't think can be put together. It's my hubby and I and we would like to sleep in the same bed if possible but for the price decided back in April to go with the 1a. We have always been upgraded in the past but it's not looking like that is gonna happen this time since it's sold out. It also has a port hole and is in the very front of the ship.

Anyone have any experience with this type of room?

We loved the cabin next door, 2211, but then we didnt want to sleep together. Its larger than a regular inside, plus the port holes, so to me is a great cabin, but as the above poster said I am surprised you would book a cabin that you werent happy with. Upsell now sells upgrades, so few get them for free.

go and enjoy, and no they are not going to push together, the twin is higher than the convertible sofa.

I'm not unhappy with this room- Hubby and I don't HAVE to sleep next to each other and that is why I booked the room. This is the first time however, that the ship has been sold out this early. Usually the cruises go down in price a month or so before the cruise to sell the cabins. Anyhow, I knew this when I booked so I will be happy either way. We started a group and it is up to 20 people now so I was thinkin our PVP would hook us up. We book with her every cruise and usually bring at least a few other couples who also book with her. I was thinkin it wouldn't be a big deal for her to put us in a inside room with reg beds for bringing all the people to her. Anyways, I'm ok with it all- Gonna have a great time with our group!! Glad to here the room size is bigger. From what she told me I didn't think this room had the upper bed. Just the twin and sofa bed. I'll probably sleep better this way anyways :)

For me, I would much rather have the larger cabin with port holes to see the weather and the ports. I have had the chance to save $$$ by upgrading to a inside, on one of my cruises, $10 pp back to move to a 4B and I didnt take it. Im next door in 2211.

For me, I would much rather have the larger cabin with port holes to see the weather and the ports. I have had the chance to save $$$ by upgrading to a inside, on one of my cruises, $10 pp back to move to a 4B and I didnt take it. Im next door in 2211.

Was the movement from the ship ok up there- I'm a bit concerned. Never been that close to the front before.

My wife & I had that cabin a couple of years ago. It worked fine. I slept on the sofa which was very firm. If one of you is really tall, your feet might hang off the end of the sofa.

Motion was not a problem but then our cruise had extremely calm seas. The big deal may be docking noise. You are close to the bow thrusters. So when they dock at about 5 or 6 am in a port you may be awaken with some loud whooshing noise. Lasts about 15 minutes maybe. I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

For the price, you cannot beat those outside Cat. 1A cabins. We have booked them several times.;)

Was the movement from the ship ok up there- I'm a bit concerned. Never been that close to the front before.

I never noticed the movement except one night in the front row sitting in the theater.

Only time I minded the movement was once on Ecstasy in 25 ft waves, but Iv never been in high enough waves on a Conquest class ship to have minded. Last time Im afraid we had two cruises with smooth sailing again. Unless the waves get up pretty high, I forget about them to be honest.

I really dont think you are going to notice them, you arent that high or foreward. I once was on Lido deck in a cabin facing the front, noticed them there some, but that was much higher deck and all the way foreward. I really think you will love the cabin.

Post #5 is a picture on Glory of a port hole ... I think I have more port hole 1A pics on other threads if you need to see them to feel better?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725576

Look at post #10 on this thread, the one I had on Conquest was like this with the twin on the end by the port hole

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=739857

My wife & I had that cabin a couple of years ago. It worked fine. I slept on the sofa which was very firm. If one of you is really tall, your feet might hang off the end of the sofa.

Motion was not a problem but then our cruise had extremely calm seas. The big deal may be docking noise. You are close to the bow thrusters. So when they dock at about 5 or 6 am in a port you may be awaken with some loud whooshing noise. Lasts about 15 minutes maybe. I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

For the price, you cannot beat those outside Cat. 1A cabins. We have booked them several times.;)

Im not sure why your feet would hang off, as the convertible sofas, they are the same size as a twin bed?? If you can sleep on a twin then you should be able to sleep on the sofa.

BCHBUM641

I had cabin 2217 on the liberty this past feb same class of ship . it was a great cabin the two port holes were nice lots of light . I was supprised when i open my cabin door to see a big bed .They had pushed the sofa and the bed together on the previous cruise the porter ask if i wanted it back to a single . i told him no way leave it .the only draw back to this is there is a 1/2 inch in hight the bed is a little higher . so ask your porter to fix it up it can be done

BCHBUM641

I had cabin 2217 on the liberty this past feb same class of ship . it was a great cabin the two port holes were nice lots of light . I was supprised when i open my cabin door to see a big bed .They had pushed the sofa and the bed together on the previous cruise the porter ask if i wanted it back to a single . i told him no way leave it .the only draw back to this is there is a 1/2 inch in hight the bed is a little higher . so ask your porter to fix it up it can be done

That is cool! Thanks for the 1st hand info!!! We'll try that.

we are booked in 1217 on the freedom, its a 4A rather than a 1a... im thinking the beds will go together.. and two portholes, will there be a small sofa? is it similar to the 1a?

Its the old 5A category, which is being changed to PTs. There will be two twins that push together, instead of the convertible sofa. Its similar to a 1A but its a full 220 s.f. and the 1A next to it is supposed to be 5 s.f. or something smaller... yours will be the full OV size.

btw, you might want to keep a watch, because when the change to the PT category, you can change to Main deck for the same price, and PT, no extra charge. Iv been dicussing moving to a higher deck on two I have of those old 5As that they are in the process of changing to PT category, PT for porthole. I think on your ship they are only on Main and Riveria so you cant move up more than one deck but hey ...

PT category is already showing on conquest so it may be showing on your cruise too... I dont know your date, but go check?

Well, now I see they have it changed from a 4A when i booked it only yesterday, to a PT interior porthole.. diff category same question tho.. will there be a small sofa ? room 1217 freedom

We were typing at the same time, I see you found out they are now PTs.

sorry, I think there was a sofa, should be the same as any other OV set up. .. was just trying to say you are now PT.

Hopefully someone else can remember if OVs all have sofas. It used to be a 5A, and OV category .... so will be the same as a regular OV.

Hello Bchbum641, Have you checked out the roll call for that sailing? We are sailing the same one and the roll call is amazing. Some of us cruised on the Miracle last year and we have lots of events planned. Cabin Crawls, cocktail partys, door decorating....Check it all out if you havent seen the thread yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=531

oh Thanks for ur quick reply, there are PTs on the one deck above us but, they all show the half triangle meaning sofa and 1 single bed they dont go together, or, they are for four people, so I guess we're out of luck there.

I dont mind what floor Im on to be honest, have been on the riveria and have been on 8th and probably everywhere in between, im fine with any of it, the only thing i really dread is the interior with zero light whatsoever. We booked them on our b2b on the valor, and they were kind enough to move us to ocean views no charge. I explained that story before.. so we went from insides on the 8th deck, to ocean views on riveria, and i so preferred the riveria...

Seems some insides even on the same ship, have different layouts, and we got one that had the two beds together, facing us as we entered.. and there was truly zero room to move.. my sons had interior the following year on liberty, and with the beds separated, made such a difference...

would be a bonus if they are as big as OV with a sofa! phew. I hope.

I think you arent reading the deck plans right then ... you are looking at the 1As with port holes ... the PTs are not convertible sofas and one twin. They arent marked yet on the deck plans maybe .... keep an eye out for better information. I think if there were some PTs on Main then they will show up like they do on Conquest ... they are two twins, not the 1As. Carnival is still fixing the deck plans. Im waiting on them to do Ecstasy.

You could very well be right.. right now when i look at the deck plan for the Freedom, main deck, i see two PTs marked. 2220 and 2221 both have a square ( two twins, single sofa and upper ) thus a quad, and the full triangle, ( two portholes ) The others are marked 1As help me out here tho, if im missing something point me in the direction please.. Im pretty sure they wont allow us to book a quad ...

Freedom doesnt have very many PTs, going to be hard to price match!! Those two are quads, and if they book you in them, its true they could move you out if they are needed by a family of 4.

Im on Ecstasy which has 4 decks of PTs, quite a few on each deck. I will be able to move to any deck, deck 4 is right below the theater, so I probably wouldnt move there Im thinking, deck 3 probably. Im on Riveria like you, so for me there is a decision. Lots arent booked.

yep think its 1217 for me which is fine. doing this freedom prior to the second leg of miracle maniacs b2b.. we are doing the exact first leg in december coming and its on same ship, miracle .. so decided to change. this will be the first time doing b2b but changing ships.. so its freedom 8 nights, then a night it ft lauderdale prior to boarding miracle.. but my sister and another couple join us for second leg so they'll be there for the night it ft lauderdale so should be just fine.. hope that goes ok.. the others b2b we've done we been on same ship for each leg just diff itin..

Oh I used to live in that area, Im so jealous. I hope you get to do something fun that night and enjoy your stay in Ft. Lauderdale. I sure miss Florida. Im sure you will be fine in 1217. Iv only done B2Bs on the same ship too, but with a night in between, no problems .. we just hate doing muster twice lol.

Archived