Gluten Free on NCL SUN 9/20/09

cruznut1111

:DThe crew on this cruise had good reason to take pride in their knowledge of safe celiac dining!!

I have never had such a safe experience on any cruise line anywhere. That even includes my time on Oceania in 2009. They really GOT IT!:)

Normally the Bistro is our primary restaurant on NCL, but when it didn't meet our standards on this last cruise, we switched to the Italian restaurant and were blown away. Service, planning and the big challenge "surprise me" all exceeded our expectations.

I think I ate pizza 4 times! Normal diners may find that a strange price to pay, but for those who have lived with celiac..... you get it! My husband swears that the standard pizza is even better than the GF, but for me it was the best thing ever............ or at least the best thing since my diet changed. (My 5th visit was osso bucco.)

I did hear that the Italian chef was going to be moved to Bistro, so you will have to check out both when you get on board. Still, if the staff remain the same, you should have a wonderful Italian experience.

I came though my dinner in the main dining room and my breakfast in the special dining room with a great experience. Toast was done in a salamander, not through the normal toaster.

My only complaint - despite the Budweiser link, they didn't have any of the wonderful Redbridge GF beer. Oh well, I made do with the "Perfect Margaritas."

Archived