Ncl post hawaii hilton village nightmare

twinnurses2

Our 35 years of saving and dreams of being in the Rainbow Tower was busted and we were also told if we wanted the Rainbow Tower we would have to fork out more money and I could not see that when what we paid prior to the cruise is what it is normal for the view in the Rainbow Tower.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise, but surely if you were able to save $5.71 per year for the last 35 yrs, then you could have saved $2.80 more per year and got yourself into the Rainbow Tower. And heck, you would have been splitting it.

Seriously, I appreciate that you feel like you were misled, but come on, it's not like you got stuck in a flea bag motel. This hotel is in a great location, with a nice beach.

Cheers,

Jrs101

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise, but surely if you were able to save $5.71 per year for the last 35 yrs, then you could have saved $2.80 more per year and got yourself into the Rainbow Tower. And heck, you would have been splitting it.

Seriously, I appreciate that you feel like you were misled, but come on, it's not like you got stuck in a flea bag motel. This hotel is in a great location, with a nice beach.

Cheers,

Jrs101

That's a pretty lousy response. I am SO glad we didn't take NCL's hotel on our cruise in Hawaii...There are VERY few destinations I would take their hotel...We love NCL, but would not take their hotel and transfer packages. Back when they were owners of Orient Lines, their hotel packages were considered VERY worthwhile! We used them in Istanbul twice and Barcelona. They were not to be beat for value. That is NOT the case anymore as things stand. I think the poster is very honest and makes a valid point. There are BETTER choices than the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the lousy rooms they directed these particular NCL cruisers to. It shouldn't be that way. Sorry. Our last 8 cruises have been on NCL...Our next two are also. Their hotel packages are just NOT a good deal. Blast away...it's simply the truth.

As a traveling salesman I have had to book rooms with motel chains I would have never booked personally. But on the other hand I have never heard or seen a Hilton one could or would classify as a flea bag motel....

I have been booked in many very nice hotels as well, but not penhouse suites. Many times my view has been nothing more than another large building across the street.

Its been my experience that ocean views costs much much more than non ocean views. And usually half of the rooms of a ocean front hotel don't face the ocean....

I think it is wonderful that the original poster is trying to warn others. I have read many bad reviews of the Hilton Hawaiian Village for years. The "good rooms" are great, the others, disappointing.

We took the Star out of Honolulu in 2002 and we chose NOT to book hotels with NCL way back then! Your choices in Waikiki are so varied and getting to the ship so easy, no reason to book hotels with NCL. We like the old feel of the Royal Hawaiian...many people felt the older rooms were dumpy...but we love the old Hawaiian style.

We all have different expectations and a lot of reading really helps. I'm sorry the OP had a disappointing end to their Hawaiian vacation.:( I am glad they posted their experience.

Yes, I agree.... I appreciate the OP giving us a warning that making your own reservations might avoid some disappointments. It's good to hear of others' experiences, so we can learn from them.

Archived