Question about Luggage for Cruisetours

Maverick6969

We're on the Coral for an Alaskan cruisetour beginning in June, 2010. We do the land tour first and then sail out of Whittier. I read on the Princess website from a 2008 Cruisetour FAQ that they only allow one bag (except carry-ons) per person during the land portion and that your other bags (packed with your cruise clothes???) will be stored until after your land tour and will show up in your cabin at the start of the cruise.

Since there was nothing in a 2009 FAQ book, I was wondering if this is still the policy/procedure for Princess and if it will continue into 2010. I like the concept, though.

Thanks for any help on this.

Yes, that is how it goes. Don't worry! The cruise lines transfer a hoard of lugguage and do it very well. You absolutely don't need fancy clothes on the tour part of your vacation. Your hand luggage should contain valuables and anything you can't live without such as medicines.

Your cruise clothes will meet you on your ship.

Many of the cruise lines will give you the option of separating out a suitcase each that will wait for you at your departure for home city. All of this information should be with your booking information and travel documents. If you only travel with one bag each (plus your hand carry) that bag will be with you every night in your tour hotel.

what if you have already cruised northward and then are going to do the land tour.

If you are on a Princess Cruisetour,

you will get Meet Me in Anchorage or Meet Me in Fairbanks tags for the bags you won't need on the landtour. Depends on where you will fly home from when your land tour ends.

what if you have already cruised northward and then are going to do the land tour.

On the HAL tour all the luggage went with us except when we went overnight to Denali. That section of the trip was on the Alaska Railroad before and after Denali where we took an overnight bag on the train. The remainder of the luggage was waiting for us in our Anchorage hotel room when we arrived. Roly

Archived