Quality of scuba experiences with Ryndam

Plankton1

Hello, I am asking a rather specific question--hopefully someone can answer. If I do end up taking the Ryndam (I might take the Noordam instead), has anyone done their scuba excursions in Belize or Costa Maya, Mexico? Or, if you've taken either the Ryndam or Noordam and scheduled scuba on your own, is there some local business you can recommend?

I ask this because I took some excursions with Celebrity and Carnival in the past and felt neither cruise line did a worthy job of determining if their local "partners" provided decent excursions or even proper equipment--they just wanted their cut of the cash.

Thanks.

I have always booked my own diving excursions for a number of reasons.

1. It is cheaper. MUCH cheaper.

2. I get better service and am not on a "cattle" boat.

3. I book months in advance through a local dive shop, so that I don't have to deal with the excursion desk.

4. I am usually with more experienced divers as a result. As a NAUI Divemaster, I prefer to dive with those who have a modicum of experience as I am on vacation and want to enjoy my diving rather than being paired with those who got certified so that they could dive while on their cruise.

Archived