First Cruise! Couple Questions

Texas Stalker

1-When docked and on the beach, what do you do with your camera, room key and money when you are in the ocean?-It will be just my wife and I so no one to stay on the beach and watch our stuff..

2-Carnival says no liquor, how much do they "allow" to be packed in your luggage?

3-what is everyone using for underwater pictures? Disposable or camera cases?

Thanks!!

1-When docked and on the beach, what do you do with your camera, room key and money when you are in the ocean?-It will be just my wife and I so no one to stay on the beach and watch our stuff.. We go in one at a time so not an issue

2-Carnival says no liquor, how much do they "allow" to be packed in your luggage? None they xray your luggage and you will get it confiscated when you are called to the naughty room

3-what is everyone using for underwater pictures? Disposable or camera cases? I scuba dive so I have an underwater housing for my digital camera

Thanks!!

Happy cruising and welcome to cc

You can buy a waterproof sack, but that wouldnt keep your towel dry at the beach. You rent a umbrella at some, so should be able to leave your towel there and clothes safely.

You can bring one bottle of wine or champagne aboard, anything else comes under smuggling.

I use a disposable camera.

Rumrunners!!!!Do a search and youwill find out why.We are usually with a group,so dont have the key issue but we do use a lanyard to hold out s/s card and maybe a creditcard.Have a great time and just keep reading,this sight is a wealth of knowledge

Although Carnival does not advertise this infomation..

If you are worried about smuggling, you can order liquor from the Bon Voyage department (you must call them directly). You pay a premium, but it is delivered direct to your cabin, wrapped in cellophane with a ribbon, and with no worries about being confiscated.

For where to put stuff while you're on the beach:

travel_safe_100_clip_image002.jpg

travel_safe_100_clip_image002_0000.jpg

if you google "pacsafe travel safe" you will find several sites. One hint: change the lock that comes with it to a combination lock, that way you won't have to worry about keeping up with a key. We hook it to the lounge chair or up in the ribs in an umbrella, use it in hotel rooms without a safe, on snorkel excursions - attach it to the boat, and in my little convertible - we put the gps and ipod in it and hook it to the OMG:eek: bar. It's been one travel 'thing' that we've bought and used a lot.

For where to put stuff while you're on the beach:

travel_safe_100_clip_image002.jpg

travel_safe_100_clip_image002_0000.jpg

if you google "pacsafe travel safe" you will find several sites. One hint: change the lock that comes with it to a combination lock, that way you won't have to worry about keeping up with a key. We hook it to the lounge chair or up in the ribs in an umbrella, use it in hotel rooms without a safe, on snorkel excursions - attach it to the boat, and in my little convertible - we put the gps and ipod in it and hook it to the OMG:eek: bar. It's been one travel 'thing' that we've bought and used a lot.

Now THAT is awesome! Thanks very much for the tip. :p

I have always used a "water wallet" - a hard plastic waterproof case about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Years ago, all the ships sold them onboard, but I haven't seen them lately. I can fit my room card, cash, CC, copy of Passport, watch, and some cigs and a lighter. I bought two of these on an NCL cruise back in 2003, and still use them. They have an adjustable cord to fit around your neck or waist, and I take it right in the water with me. You might want to google around for something like this. Have fun on your cruise!

Archived