Liberty Aft vs. Aft Wrap?

USA SHARK

The only problem with booking a cruise so far in advance is you have too much time to think, and rethink, everything!

We currently have room 8455 booked on Liberty next April 24th. The price is $939 per person. We really wanted a larger balcony. However, I'm beginning to second guess if it is worth the wrap around price, or if we should consider a basic aft balcony. The wrap balcony is 75sf (long but more narrow?) while the aft balcony is 60sf (and seems deeper).

The aft balcony is $739, $200 less per person. Is it really worth the extra $400 to get the aft wrap balcony vs. the regular aft balcony?

:confused::confused:

We just got off the Glory yesterday and had cabin 8455. We really enjoyed the balcony but were very annoyed at the noise of chairs scraping from above us at all hours of the day and night. It would wake us up several times every night and sounded like someone was peeling the ceiling off of our cabin. At our sail away party we had 22 people out there but never had anyone other than ourselves after that. When in port in was nice to be able to walk around it and see the side view, but we were not sure it justified the $480.00 upgrade charge. We will probably just get a balcony on the Lido from now on, but it was great to try it once. But I will never ever be in a cabin under the Lido again!

Thanks for the opinions. I've heard some complain about the scraping of the chairs before, but also heard others say they didn't hear. :confused:

I also see there is a different view on the 6th or 7th deck. The balconies are configured different. It seems deck 7 has no direct aft and deck 6 has no side and less windows?

Would love any other thoughts or opinions.

Thanks very much! :)

• 4 weeks later...
I have 8455 boooked on the Liberty for May and would love to see some pics...:D:D:D

We haven't changed yet. The OS is still available for only $20 more, but we've stayed with the Aft Wrap #8455. Unless there is a really compelling reason, we'll stay with the Aft Wrap.

We'll definitely take lots of pics!

8450 and 8457 have wider balconies than all of the other afts. Thought I'd mention it! We have 8457 booked for the Freedom just for that reason. And, no, the scraping isn't that bad!;)

Good to hear the scraping isn't bad. We actually have #8455, which is an Aft Wrap, so it is much larger. That is what we are really excited about and why we haven't moved to an Ocean Suite, even though the price is about the same.

Our "neighbors" in 8448 seemed to spend more time on the side of their balcony than aft. Aft seemed to get really hot. There was very little breeze. Wife didn't enjoy it at all. It was our first balcony, but I think we would move to port or starboard rather than aft next time. Not that I didn't like it, but if DW wasn't enthusiastic about it, then.....

I have 8455 boooked on the Liberty for May and would love to see some pics...:D:D:D

I have pictures of 8448 which is the mirror of 8455. They start at the end of this page: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561173777YXbQZG?start=300

As for us, we were always booking standard balconies, and then a corner would come up and we'd take it - usually at a higher price than if we'd just booked it outright. :rolleyes: Learned our lesson, and now we just book them from the beginning. They're worth the extra money to us. :)

I have pictures of 8448 which is the mirror of 8455. They start at the end of this page: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561173777YXbQZG?start=300

Thanks so much for the pics:D:D

I have been reading more and more about the scraping from above, I am hoping it is really all not that bad and just a matter of what level of noice irriates you:)

We had a deck 8 aft wrap on Victory and loved it so much we booked a deck 8 aft wrap on Conquest for February. That's after having had suites on Glory and Miracle. If you're a balcony person, this is your balcony! We heard scraping about once a night, in the early morning hours - must have been when they were cleaning - but it really didn't bother us very much. I found more of a noise factor when we had cabins on deck 6.

I found more of a noise factor when we had cabins on deck 6.

TOTALLY agree!! We had 6450 on the Splendor, and we could sing along with the songs from the lounge below. That was much worse than any deck chair scraping we heard from our deck 8 wraps.

Unfortunately, deck 6 is the only one that has wraps for 3, so we're stuck - but we're trying the other side next time, as we've heard it's not as bad.

BTW, I've got deck 8 Conquest pics here if you're interested: http://family.webshots.com/album/555128859uGxoqm?start=156

OHHHHH, we had 8455 on the Freedom, and loved it so much we booked it again for next year. We spent a LOT of time on our balcony and it was worth every extra penny. The cabin is really roomy too. We did not notice any noise from above. It was PERFECT!!!!

Archived