No discounting,what does this Policy mean?

It means that the TA's can't rebate a portion of their comissions in $$ back to you. While they can't do this to reduce the price of the cruise, they can offer "value added" items that you won't get if you book directly through RCI. They can offer things like free ship transfers pre/post cruise, hotel nights pre/post cruise, free travel insurance, gift cards et......

It's all the same but now you have to shop for the best value added item to fit your needs.

Is RCI the only one doing this? This will be my 10th cruise and RCI is my favorite cruise line. Why do they care if agents discount cruises? They are

still getting the business and customers are happy. This makes me want to look at other cruise lines and I would rather not.

Carnival and some of the others were supose to start similar policies the first of the year. I think the whole mess is a bunch of bunk. After you get 50 people on this thread, you will get 50 versions of what this policy means. I read the policy back when it came out and the opinion of the TA's but what is being told now is all kinds of stories. All fares have gone up over the past six months, whether they have a policy or not so the lines with out a policy are not in most cases any cheaper. As always, check for the best deal and go cruising.

so what sort of freeby value should I expect if I am spending $6200 on a cruise? $100 value? $200 value? more? I am booking today. Thanks.

With the TA I've been using you get a $125 gift card for a cruise costing $1,600 pp. For each additional $200 pp they'll add $25 to the $125. So if you're spending $3,200 pp you'd get a gift card for $325.

Well I booked yeasterday. I ask my agent,who did not offer a gift card. "Since the rates are not competitive are there any special offers from the traval agent" He said no. I then mentioned the gift card and he said that was only for cruises that cost over $1000.00 per reson. Mine was $888.00 per person(not including travel insurance). Gee, I am excited about my booking,dont get me wrong. But it makes me want to look at other cruise lines in the future. And I thought I loved RCI.

Archived