Carnival Fascination

bubblysexycool

We decided to cruise on the Fascination for spring break. We will have 2 children ages 8 & 9 with us. This is our first time sailing on Carnival.

1) How is Camp Carnival-where can we find camp capers?

2) Are there lots of family activites?

3) What hotel would you recommend (we prefer Marriott's) pre-cruise?

Also, we are staying at the Sawgrass Marriott after the cruise, what's the best way to get there?

Thank you!:)

The Camp Carnival capers are always at the link in my signature. To access just the Carnival pages, this is a direct link....

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/?start=all

Yes, there are alot of family activities. I have been on ships with more. But Carnival does have a fare share of family geared activities. :D

You are looking for a hotel out of Jacksonville? Is that correct? I did a quick search to see where Fascination was leaving from. Sorry, I haven't personally ever left from Jacksonville so I can't offer any help there.

But someone else here has I'm sure. :) Have a great cruise!

We decided to cruise on the Fascination for spring break. We will have 2 children ages 8 & 9 with us. This is our first time sailing on Carnival.

1) How is Camp Carnival-where can we find camp capers?

2) Are there lots of family activites?

3) What hotel would you recommend (we prefer Marriott's) pre-cruise?

Also, we are staying at the Sawgrass Marriott after the cruise, what's the best way to get there?

Thank you!:)

Just wanted to make sure that you know that your kids will be in different groups - CCL breaks down 6-8 and 9-11. The 9 yo can have sign in and out privileges if you chose.

For family activies, there are things on the Lido deck, water wars, bingo, putt-putt, sport etc. Some of the shows at night are fun for the kids too. When the kids are in camp, they are not having family activities.

We really love CCL. The kids have so much fun in there groups, it is nice that there can be adult time, while on a family vacation. We always feel like we get plenty of family time between pool time, meals and shore excursions.

As for your question about where to stay, I also prefer Marriotts. But, I am not aware of one that is near the port. In fact, the port is in an industrial area, and there is only one hotel close by - you can find the name on the Florida boards - sorry but it is escaping me at the moment. All the other hotels are about a 15 minute drive over by the airport; I think we stayed in a Spring Hill Suite or a Courtyard. Hope that helps.

The Camp Carnival capers are always at the link in my signature. To access just the Carnival pages, this is a direct link....

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/?start=all

Yes, there are alot of family activities. I have been on ships with more. But Carnival does have a fare share of family geared activities. :D

You are looking for a hotel out of Jacksonville? Is that correct? I did a quick search to see where Fascination was leaving from. Sorry, I haven't personally ever left from Jacksonville so I can't offer any help there.

But someone else here has I'm sure. :) Have a great cruise!

Just wanted to make sure that you know that your kids will be in different groups - CCL breaks down 6-8 and 9-11. The 9 yo can have sign in and out privileges if you chose.

For family activies, there are things on the Lido deck, water wars, bingo, putt-putt, sport etc. Some of the shows at night are fun for the kids too. When the kids are in camp, they are not having family activities.

We really love CCL. The kids have so much fun in there groups, it is nice that there can be adult time, while on a family vacation. We always feel like we get plenty of family time between pool time, meals and shore excursions.

As for your question about where to stay, I also prefer Marriotts. But, I am not aware of one that is near the port. In fact, the port is in an industrial area, and there is only one hotel close by - you can find the name on the Florida boards - sorry but it is escaping me at the moment. All the other hotels are about a 15 minute drive over by the airport; I think we stayed in a Spring Hill Suite or a Courtyard. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the replies! We are going to ask Carnival to move my niece down to the 6-8 year old group since this is her first cruise.

We researched a Springhill Suites at the airport. We got a rate of $99 w/breakfast. Can't wait for the reviews after drydock.

Thinking of renting a cabana at HMC and doing Atlantis waterpark. Want some family activities but also adult time too;)

Archived