taxi accept credit cards?

att

Do taxis accept credit cards or do we need euros? Also what is approximate cost from airport to la ramblas, our hotel is Le Meridien.

Regarding payment see here:

http://www.taxibarcelona.cat/tabid/1981/Default.aspx

So have a look to the taxi:

2008BCNElPratAiportTaxiLine-vi.jpg

You see the label with the credit card companies' logos on the right top corner of the front window (if you sit in the car).

The taxi would be 25-30 EUR - depends to time and day of travel and number of bags in the trunk.

Regards,

HeinBloed (T-Mobile user...)

• 2 weeks later...

Not all taxis can accept cards. We stayed at the Hilton and booked a cab to the airport. They asked about form of payment (card or cash) and said if by card, they would get a taxi with card charging capability.

Be aware that there will be additional fees for weekends, airport, and bags on top of the regular fare.

Be aware that there will be additional fees for weekends, airport, and bags on top of the regular fare.

I. e. if you need to go on a Sunday: wait for Monday, walk off from the airport ground to catch a vacant cab on the airport highway and do not let the driver put anything into the trunk...

By the way: there is also a surcharge for different time of the day and surcharges for port, train station and fair ground as well... and for radio call and use of mini-vans...

So if you have to go at a certain time you have to pay all surcharges!!!

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 weeks later...
Do taxis accept credit cards or do we need euros? Also what is approximate cost from airport to la ramblas, our hotel is Le Meridien.

I was in Spain about 2 years ago and I don't remember seeing an option for paying with credit card. Not saying it didn't exist but I think if you are planning to catch a cab on the street I would plan to have cash on me.

Archived