Surprise meeting place on Miracle...

I am surprising my husband for his 50th birthday with a cruise on the Miracle. We leave on Feb. 13th. He knows NOTHING about this....nor does he know that 18 of our relatives are booked and coming from all over the country to join us. They will board early (around noon) and I will bring my husband to the pier around 2:00 so hopefully we won't bump into anyone. My question is....does anyone know this ship and can anyone suggest a good "surprise" meeting place where I can bring him before the muster drill? We always enjoy the Carnival piano bar and I know there is one called "Sam's". Does anyone know this ship well enough to suggest a good lounge or place where we can surprise him? Thanks! :)

Don't know amything about the ship--YET!!! Will also be on same sailing--along with a bunch of "PIRATES" so beware if you see pirates :) We are the harmless kind who just like to partae!!!!!

Have a great cruise and "surprise" Have fun!!!

I am surprising my husband for his 50th birthday with a cruise on the Miracle. We leave on Feb. 13th. He knows NOTHING about this....nor does he know that 18 of our relatives are booked and coming from all over the country to join us. They will board early (around noon) and I will bring my husband to the pier around 2:00 so hopefully we won't bump into anyone. My question is....does anyone know this ship and can anyone suggest a good "surprise" meeting place where I can bring him before the muster drill? We always enjoy the Carnival piano bar and I know there is one called "Sam's". Does anyone know this ship well enough to suggest a good lounge or place where we can surprise him? Thanks! :)

Do you realize that we are not leaving until 8PM? Doubtful anyone will be boarding at noon. Some have heard 1PM, but more likely will be around 3PM. Just don't want your plans ruined. Good luck and have fun!

Ship wont even be at the dock at noon. Sorry- Guess you will be waiting with all of us to board.

Getting tp the pier about 2pm you may be bumping into people you know. (how do you stay away from the pier that long anyways?? (LOL) Ask your friends and relatives to stay away from the lobby since this is where you will be arriving. (Unless you want them all to be standing there when you board and the first thing he sees-- is everyone...

There are a few places you can have your group meet you. Here is a web page for the areas you may be interested in.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=MI&deckCode=3

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=MI&deckCode=2

Call and ask again, LOL! I have called 5 times and gotten 3 different answers. Carnival had told the TA 1PM, but then turned around and said 3PM. It seems very up in the air right now! LOL! Either way, we will get on sometime and we will depart at 8PM... everything else we will have to see soon! We don't have our docs yet, so I guess they should have it on there.

Ship wont even be at the dock at noon. Sorry- Guess you will be waiting with all of us to board.

Getting tp the pier about 2pm you may be bumping into people you know. (how do you stay away from the pier that long anyways?? (LOL) Ask your friends and relatives to stay away from the lobby since this is where you will be arriving. (Unless you want them all to be standing there when you board and the first thing he sees-- is everyone...

There are a few places you can have your group meet you. Here is a web page for the areas you may be interested in.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=MI&deckCode=3

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=MI&deckCode=2

Seems odd that it would take a ship a full day to travel from Port Everglades to the Port of Tampa. Sounds like Carnival is just covering themselves and not wanted people to arrive early.

I don't think it is odd at all. Carnival listed this sailing as leaving at 8PM IN THE BROCHURE, LOL!!!! They will drop off the PAX at FLL, and then make it's way to Tampa... reload and get ready for the next group. Seems rather simple ;)

I don't think it's supposed to take "all day", they leave in the morning and should be getting to Tampa LATE morning or early afternoon, and then get the ship ready for the next set of passengers... doesn't seem odd to me at all.

Hmm the itinerary Im looking at say Miracle will arrive at Port Everglades at 7am on the 12th, everyone should be off the ship by 11am, why cant they get the ship ready while they are sailing??

Why question it? Are you on this ship too? Carnival states in their brochure that the 2/13 cruise will be departing at 8PM... Does anyone question the other times listed in the brochure? Why do some leave at 4, some at 6 and some at 8? LOL...

Why question it? Are you on this ship too? Carnival states in their brochure that the 2/13 cruise will be departing at 8PM... Does anyone question the other times listed in the brochure? Why do some leave at 4, some at 6 and some at 8? LOL...

I never questioned the time the ship was leaving Tampa. I was talking about the time that Carnival would allow people to start boarding the ship. So the only people that can ask question about a cruise have to be passengers?? Guess I missed that memo.

I did not say that. I asked if you were on the cruise... period. Why get defensive? I asked a very simple question.... "Are you on this cruise"? Geesh.

I have no clue why it will take so long getting from FLL to Tampa. I do know that typically they allow you to start boarding a certain amount of time prior to leaving, so I would assume that if you are leaving at 8PM, that you are not likely to get on the ship at noon... I have not questioned them on this, but like I said, we should have an idea of boarding times once we get the docs, which hopefully will be within the next couple of weeks.

Actually I did call twice, once when were were sent a letter about the 8:00 departure and again 2 days ago. Both times a got the 1:30 pm boarding time. I don't want to jinx myself so I won't call again and maybe with some luck we will be able to board at 1:30 pm. Doesn't really matter though, since we will still arrive at the pier from the airport at the same time and still sail at 8:00, just would be nice to start the partying as soon as possible!:D

LOL, I hope it is 1:30! Our TA said they were told 1PM, so that would be even better! Although I received 1PM, 1:30PM and 3PM when I called, but we will be getting down to the pier early, since we have to be out of the hotel... Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!!

I apologize, I read something into what you wrote..sorry :) No, Im not on this cruise. I hope you guys have a great time regardless of when they start boarding.;)

No problem, it happens!

I'm sure it will be a blast! I'm just ready for it to get here!!!! :D

Thanks for the well wishes!

Ouch! Well you are in need of warm weather! We are having unseasonably high temps right now... 70's all week this week and up to 81 by middle of next week! So it is definitely putting me in the mood to cruise! Of course, I have to travel to upstate NY the following week, so that will be a MUCH different story! LOL!!!!!

Either way, we will all be there soon!!!! Safe travels!

Wow...I originally started the "thread" asking about a meeting place to surprise my husband for his 50th birthday. I thought I was so clever having the 18 relatives board before noon, so we could sneak on the ship around 2:30. I had NO idea we don't sail until 8:00....Bummer! THANKS for the info. I'm doing all these plans "on the sly" so my husband won't find out and now I'll have to let everyone know about the departure time change. Guess we will readjust our times. Will everyone be eating at 8:00? If anyone is familiar with the lounges (and particularly Sam's, the piano bar) could you let me know which would be a good one for 18 of my husband's relatives to wait for us to arrive and yell "surprise" and hope my husband doesn't have a heart attack??? :eek:

Wow...I originally started the "thread" asking about a meeting place to surprise my husband for his 50th birthday. I thought I was so clever having the 18 relatives board before noon, so we could sneak on the ship around 2:30. I had NO idea we don't sail until 8:00....Bummer! THANKS for the info. I'm doing all these plans "on the sly" so my husband won't find out and now I'll have to let everyone know about the departure time change. Guess we will readjust our times. Will everyone be eating at 8:00? If anyone is familiar with the lounges (and particularly Sam's, the piano bar) could you let me know which would be a good one for 18 of my husband's relatives to wait for us to arrive and yell "surprise" and hope my husband doesn't have a heart attack??? :eek:

Well Trisha...Thank God you finally started posting here.......lol.....All you Partae Pirates......Trisha and her fam are part of our group....I knew about her little plans last spring.;) ....We'll be glad to help you out Trisha.......We'll find you a good place.......so stay tuned to the boards here.:D

Amen to that GoinCruisin. Just sitting here in Wisconsin in the cold having had 8" of snow dumped on us yesterday. The cruise can't come to fast!

As cruisin said, weather has been soooo nice here! Went out to Tampa Bay, just on the Gulf side of the Skyway bridge to go fishing yesterday and the water was like glass! We were anchored and it was so still that we could hear the whole conversation on another boat fishing that was far enough away that we could not make out the people!

Hey Mary Lynn, I noticed that you've got the cabin next to my daughter and gd on the Miracle. :eek: I wonder who will keep who up, we're talking a 19 year old here !

ROFLOL!!!!! At my age when I finally hit the sack NOTHING will keep me up (at least so far lol!) I think we will work out great as neighbors. (PS I love the mischief 19 year olds can get into since mineis 20 now lol!!!!!)

Archived