Shore excursions

beckyjohns

We're looking for shore excursions in both Grand Cayman and Roatan. It will be my husband, myself, and our twin boys who will be 33 months old at the time. We've never been to Stingray City, and would love to go, but I don't know if we're able to bring the kids with us? We would prefer not to go with the cruise ship tour, so if anybody can recommend another tour company, that would be great. Also, if you know a specific company will allow the 2 year olds, that would be helpful. As for Roatan, I have nothing in mind. Any suggestions? Again, we would prefer not to go with a cruise ship tour.

Get a guidebook and see what's of interest to you in those ports....libraries are free, but buying one in a bookstore is an investment!

(By the way, the kids are almost 3!!! They aren't babies!!!)

Stingray City is popular with most kids. I don't think there's an age limit....they don't HAVE to get in the water with the creatures---they can just look!

A guidebook will tell you what is avail. on each island, how to get there, what it will cost...where you might eat...bathrooms, safety.....a bit of research will serve you well!

I have a 33 month year old boy. He can swim, but I don't know if I would take him to swim with the stingrays because I don't trust him to follow directions when I say "Don't touch.". I did take him swimming with the dolphins last month and he did good. Having done both before, taking him to the stingrays would scare me. If your kids can't swim you would have to hold them the whole time. It depends on your kids and how well they can take instructions. I would rather go to seven mile beach and hang out.

Stingray city was a blast and I'm sure your little ones would enjoy it. Also there's the turtle farm which I think they may enjoy even more. You can do a combo tour through nativeway which is what we did in May. They came highly recommended from the Grand Cayman board here at CC.

In Roatan, we went to Gumbalina (sp?) park and it was the one of the highlights from our trip. I fell in love with the monkeys there!!! I'm not sure about booking this independently as we booked a Snuba tour via the ship and then once we finished that, we paid a little extra to go to Gumbalina park which was at the same place.

Good luck, you'll have a blast!!!

• 4 weeks later...

exactly the excursions we plan to do with our 23 month old son-- stingray city, turtle farm, and gumbalina!

on the carnival website there are many excursions that have a baby bottle icon on which children under 2 can go free with a paying adult. this was one of the main reasons we are taking our son with us--he will have so much fun! and it will be easier on our wallets :)

We just took DD, who is 5, to Stingray City and the turtle farm. Had a great time. We were on Princess and their excursion did have an age limit of 6, so we booked on our own. This was actually cheaper and we were able to set the schedule how we wanted to. Stingray City and snorkeling first, then to the turtle farm. DD had been in swim lessons and she did pretty good in the ocean on the snorkeling stops. Granted, she was always with us in her swim vest and did not stay in long. At Stingray City she had a blast and loved "petting" the rays. The turtle farm was great. She got to hold a bunch of different turtles.

Archived