FLL Hotel

Z-VILLE CRUISERS

We are flying into FLL in January on a Sunday for a Monady cruise on Majesty out of MIA. Need advise on where to stay either close to FLL airport of Port of Miami. Would like to find somthing around $100 a night but clean. We are currently looking at Days Inn 3 miles from FLL airport at $85 per night. Any advise would be great.

We are flying into FLL in January on a Sunday for a Monady cruise on Majesty out of MIA. Need advise on where to stay either close to FLL airport of Port of Miami. Would like to find somthing around $100 a night but clean. We are currently looking at Days Inn 3 miles from FLL airport at $85 per night. Any advise would be great.

Sorry I can't tell you where TO stay, but I can sure tell you where NOT to stay, and that's the Riverside Hotel. I stayed there pre-cruise and was horrified. If it could go wrong, it did, and nothing was handled right. Plus, it was a weird, weird room.

I wish I could tell you a nice place to stay, but I would hate to think someone could book this hotel when I have the opportunity to let them know otherwise.

Felicia

DH and I used Priceline and got the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach. It was perfect for what we needed; clean, modern, a great pool, amazingly nice staff, and easy access to major roads. Overall an excellent value There wasn't much nearby in terms of food, so if you don't have a car, that may be a concern. There is a Wal-Mart really close which is great for last minute purchases.

Holiday Inn Biscayne Bay is right across the street from the Bayside Market Place. Great place to kill time, grab a bit to eat or drink. Have stayed there several times and have been extremely pleased value/price. You are literally across the bridge from the ships.

Last May we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach, a short shuttle ride from the Lauderdale airport, for our cruise on the Majesty.

Nice hotel, right across the street from Oakwood Plaza in case you need to pick up some last minute items, like I did, purchasing my Diet Pepsi to take on the ship since they only have Coke products.

Enjoy the Majesty. We've been on her 7 times. The crew is the best.

This will soon be moved over to the East Coast/Florida Departures Board. If you go over there, there are many suggestions for hotels in both FLL and Miami. The prices will vary greatly in January because of a football game. I don't know the exact dates.

Priceline and Hotwire are a great help, but in those two cities, don't make a bid until you read the Priceline Sticky at the top of the Florida page.

The worst hotels I've ever spent the night in have been Choice brand hotels (Days in is a Choice brand hotel) in Florida. We've learned the hard way to pay the price for a decent hotel room in FLL.

Sorry Doug, but Days Inn is not a Choice Brand. Days Inn is its own chain.

Last May we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach, a short shuttle ride from the Lauderdale airport, for our cruise on the Majesty.

Nice hotel, right across the street from Oakwood Plaza in case you need to pick up some last minute items, like I did, purchasing my Diet Pepsi to take on the ship since they only have Coke products.

Enjoy the Majesty. We've been on her 7 times. The crew is the best.

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 last January before our trip on Emerald Princess. The port is across the road and round the back is the waterway. The beaches are 10 mins walk down the street.

Here is a picture from our room of Emerald waiting for us .

DSCN0629.jpg.87891d50b3696e7ff8358d0003360c87.jpg

We've stayed at La Quinta on 26th Ave, Hollywood. It's just south of FLL, also adjacent to the Oakwood Mall mentioned above. Easy access to 95 south to Miami from there. For anyone else cruising from Port Everglades, they have a shuttle service.

Not sure when you fly in, but if it's later, I'd stay near FLL, but if it was earlier in the day, I would go to Miami.

We have reservations for Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port in Hollywood. They offer a shuttle from FLL. We then have made reservations with SAS for shuttle from the hotel to Port of Miami for $15 per person.

Absolutely the WORST hotel we've ever stayed in. The door lock was broken, we could write our names in the dust, breakfast was not edible, no hot water, miniature livestock in the room (roaches) and women walking the property who looked as if they could be rented by the hour.

This will soon be moved over to the East Coast/Florida Departures Board. If you go over there, there are many suggestions for hotels in both FLL and Miami. The prices will vary greatly in January because of a football game. I don't know the exact dates.

Priceline and Hotwire are a great help, but in those two cities, don't make a bid until you read the Priceline Sticky at the top of the Florida page.

Sorry Doug, but Days Inn is not a Choice Brand. Days Inn is its own chain.

You're correct. Choice brand hotels include

Cambria Suites | Clarion | Quality | Comfort Suites | Comfort Inn | Sleep Inn | MainStay Suites | Suburban | Econo Lodge | Rodeway Inn | Ascend Collection |

DH and I used Priceline and got the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach. It was perfect for what we needed; clean, modern, a great pool, amazingly nice staff, and easy access to major roads. Overall an excellent value There wasn't much nearby in terms of food, so if you don't have a car, that may be a concern. There is a Wal-Mart really close which is great for last minute purchases.

I did the same thing, in Sept. Used Priceline, got Crowne Plaza for $70. Stayed the pre-cruise night. It was really comfortable, very nice hotel. No restaurant to walk to, so you would have to use hotel restaurant. BUT, convenience store next door, beach across the street, Walmart across the walkway, about 5 min. brisk walk. Took SAS transportation morning of cruise to port of Miami, $15 (have to prearrange). They do NOT have hotel shuttle from and to airport...I took a cab from FFL airport to hotel...$30 bucks...I was shocked, not that far. I would stay there again, but would pre arrange transportation if so.

We just got back from a cruise and stayed at the Ft Lauderdale Hilton Marina, which is on the intercoastal and you can see the ships come in. The room was good but they messed up our reservations, and the food there is good but ridiculous, price wise. Ditto the Embassy Suites, where we stayed when we got back. The room was wonderful. Balcony pitiful, but the food in the restaurant was awfully expensive. Two turkey sandwiches, one beer, one glass of tea $47. It was good but we could have gotten that in Arkansas for $6

Archived