Looking for May Weight Loss Buddies?

MamaParrotHead

I need a pedometer! Where can I get one? I am sure online but any retail chain? I am a nurse so if you can imagine I exceed well over 4000 steps when I am working.

I have an eliptical and a exercise ball both of which I love to use however don't use frequently!

Has anyone ever done the "Body for Life" challenge. My DH and I were very successful on that last year, it works but like anything it has to be a lifestyle change and it is hard to maintain if you don't have 100% commitment.

Well, I am looking forward to this thread. I had started a thread for people on "LA" hopefully to get some specific tips.

Have a great day everyone, today is sign up for me and 100% healthy eating.

Carolyn

welcome to all the newbies:D . I haven't been able to do my workouts for 2 weeks now, messed up my neck somehow, been to the chiropractor 2 x now, and feeling much better. Maybe can get back to workouts next week sometime.

I've lost 7 lbs, though, just by cutting out sugar, and drinking LOTS of water,

I keep it very low fat, too, & I eat several small meals a day, that way I'm only couple hours away from another meal. When you start to see the scale go down, it is really MOTIVATING:D . it's getting easier every day to avoid my old habits (snacking on junk food!) I'm no longer craving the sugar, the first week or so is the hardest. I do miss my flavored creamers for my morning coffee, though:(.

will check in again later.

well today went okay! My goal was eat healthy and get to LA to sign the papers.

Didn't get to LA due to weather in Boston but I did do fine with my eating!

Hope you all had a good day.

Plan to go to store tomorrow to get a pedometer! And once again goal to sign papers at LA.

Carolyn

Hey, plateaus are rough! My typical weight loss is never even keeled, I tend to lose one our two ounces for two weeks then dump 3-4 pounds the third week.

Ways to overcome plateaus: exercise more, eat more (believe it or not we store fat when dieting and then can't metabolize as fast), drink more water.

You also may be storing muscle from working out and that weighs a lot more than fat. Also your body may be redistributing itself and getting accustomed to the weight loss.

I laughed when they said to eat more to lose weight but sometimes we think we have to eat less and less then our bodies don't metabolize well. Try this: write down what you're eating. I mean everything from water to vitamins to snacks and the portions as well. Make sure you're eating a balanced diet with fat, fruit, veggies, protein, dairy and the famous 8 glasses of water a day. You may find that you're not getting enough food daily. That was ALWAYS my problem.

When I went on Jenny Craig I never thought I could eat all the stuff they gave me. When I finally got used to it, my body started dropping pounds faster than ever and I had tried on my own for 2 years!

HANG IN THERE! You're doing the right thing by trying to get healthy before your trip.

Karin

Hey guys, how's everyone doing? After my first two weeks of not much change (despite pretty good calorie control and increasing physical activity), suddenly this past week I dropped 6 pounds!! WOW!!! It's incredible how many changes our body must go through when we change old patterns.

Anyway, at my meeting tonight I heard how important it is for walkers/runners to get new shoes every 4-6 months, to increase comfort and prevent injuries. So, for all you like me who have walking as a component of your physical activity, go get some new shoes if yours have been used awhile already! Might make you look forward to those walks a little more.:)

Congrats CeeJay! That's how it goes for me...for two or three weeks I lose one or three ounces than on the third week I drop a three or four pounder. I get to weigh in tomorrow, I'll let you all know how things go.

Karin

Way to go :D I am weighing in tonight. Was thinking of LA weightloss last week but have decided to join WW with my sisters.

I have been watching my diet for 2 weeks been back at the gym for about 1 week and feel better - hopefully I will have a good kickstart week and get some personal motivation!

Carolyn

Hi Everyone!

Well I lost 1.6 pounds this week. That is a good one for me. I tend to lose in smaller doses on the inbetween weeks but I'd like to lose more. I have to be realistic though, I'm no spring chicken and losing weight at the rate I used to just isn't in the cards after menopause and HRT.

Hope everyone else has a great week!

Karin

Archived