Why would my reservation number change?

glo1196

Tried to get on my reservation on RCCL website, and nothing...it was gone! I called RCCL and they said to call my travel agency. I did and they told me I had an upgrade, and I got all excited. I got a new reservation number and logged in. I had the same room, but now it says my reservation was made on Nov 2, 2009? Anyone find that weird since it is only Oct 28th today. I also made this reservation on Aug 27, 2009 not recently. I can't buy anything, everything like a soda package is blanked out. This is weird anyone know what could be going on? I had a GTY W room and was assigned last week to the room I still have...I am confused why would they change my reservation number and the date I bought the cruise?

If that happened then why have I not received any discount? Or why I have not gotten a new invoice from the agent. Does that mean they cancelled my original reservation and rebooked me? I better still have my OCB!!!!

If you have a new reservation number, then your old number was cancelled and it was rebooked on a new number.

If nothing has changed like the price, then it's not a big deal, but I would want to find out why.

Royal caribbean has a notation for every single activity made on any booking, so the information will be there.

The only person that can access it though is the agent on record.

A reservation doesn't need to be cancelled to be moved into group.

It can be moved right in, as long as the deposit is on it.

Very interesting. Something must be going on with their system. I just had a whole group canceled by RCCL for no reason whatsoever. I just happened to be checking on it when I saw it said canceled. I was in a panic. They had even already refunded the money to the clients credit cards. I was very lucky and was able to get everything reinstated since it was their error. But I still had to call all the clients and explain whey their credit cards had a credit and then another charge from RCCL. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had waited until final payment.

Archived