Sea Plane adveture Tour

Raceroc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see that you have been on both the Carnival Triumph and the RC Grandeur of the Seas. My husband and I are trying to decide which ship to book. We got married a few months ago and are planning to go on our honeymoon in Feb 2010. I've been on 3 RC cruises, but this will be his first cruise. We are in our late 20s. From the pics it seems like the RC ship is nicer, but there is more entertainment on the Carnival ship. Any suggestions you have would be great!

Thanks!

I see that you have been on both the Carnival Triumph and the RC Grandeur of the Seas. My husband and I are trying to decide which ship to book. We got married a few months ago and are planning to go on our honeymoon in Feb 2010. I've been on 3 RC cruises, but this will be his first cruise. We are in our late 20s. From the pics it seems like the RC ship is nicer, but there is more entertainment on the Carnival ship. Any suggestions you have would be great!

Thanks!

Hi, I will start by saying we have NEVER been on a bad cruise!!

We are not brand loyal. We book whatever is priced rite, length and destination when we want to go (we also factor in parking if we have to drive to Lauderdale or Miami vs. being dropped off at Tampa or Canaveral). Normally ends up being Carnival.

Activities, food, entertainment were similar on both ships (if not slightly better to me on the Triumph)

I believe Grandeur is still only doing 4 and 5 day cruises out of Tampa and Triumph is 7 out of Miami.

If I were choosing between the two, I would pick the Triumph for the length and destination.

Now... as far as my favorite cruise, it would be a toss up between the Carnival Miracle (western) and the Carribean Princess (eastern).

Hope I helped.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks RaceRoc. This is helpful. Both are 5 night cruises. Triumph out of New Orleans (to Progresso & Cozumel) and Grandeur of the Seas out of Tampa (to Costa Maya & Cozumel). Although I would prefer Costa Maya over Progresso, it seems from other posts that RCCL has been switching a lot of itineraries in Jan/Feb 2010 to Key West instead of Costa Maya, and I would not be to happy if we book it and then it changed, as I have been to Key West before and would prefer going somewhere new. Not to mention how cold it would be if a cold spell swept through FL... For me Key West just isn't far enough south in Feb...

Thanks again! We are leaning towards the Triumph. It is a bit more expensive, but so far it has received better reviews.

Sheila

You are welcome.

I forgot that Triumph moved.

I would probably pick Progresso over Costa Maya only because we have not been there yet.

We have been to Costa Maya twice, pre and post hurricane destruction.

We have been to Coz so many times that it's hard to find somthing new to do.

In Coz we have done Dolphins, Xrail dune buggies, snorkeling, BOB underwater scooters, Cenote cave snorkel (mainland), turtle swim (mainland), Carlos and Charlies, Shopping and in March we are going to do the extreme offroad polaris razor thing.

I only book tours with the cruise line if it can not be booked somwhere else cheaper.

Anyways have fun.

BTW, if you do end up in Key West they have the lowest cost parasailing I have seen.

It's awesome, well worth the money. I was in Roatan for the month of August looking for property. My Realtor (Steve Hasz) and I took a tour of the East end of the island starting at Fantasy Island (where the plane is docked) over Helena, and Barbareta. We basically made a big circle flyiing the south side of the island then returning back on the north side over the new golf course.

If you can afford it, I would recommend the "Pigeon Key Escape". The seaplane lands at a remote island for some private snorkeling, lunch and drinks. You will probably be the only people on the island. Would make a great trip for a wedding proposal, anniversary, or just a romantic getaway.

The pilot was great and the landing (on water) was smooth.

Jason

It's awesome, well worth the money. I was in Roatan for the month of August looking for property. My Realtor (Steve Hasz) and I took a tour of the East end of the island starting at Fantasy Island (where the plane is docked) over Helena, and Barbareta. We basically made a big circle flyiing the south side of the island then returning back on the north side over the new golf course.

If you can afford it, I would recommend the "Pigeon Key Escape". The seaplane lands at a remote island for some private snorkeling, lunch and drinks. You will probably be the only people on the island. Would make a great trip for a wedding proposal, anniversary, or just a romantic getaway.

The pilot was great and the landing (on water) was smooth.

Jason

Great info - thanks for sharing. My wife and I have reserved a spot for the trip to the desert island. Very excited. :D

• 2 months later...

OK we did this...

It was GREAT!!

We were picked up just outside the gates (very short walk).

Driven to "Fantasy Island rsort". Very nice place with a great beach.

Explored the area while waiting our turn.

Took the plane around the area where the ship was docked (Mahogany bay).

I highly recommend this tour.

any questions?

Cool deal!

What time did you set it up for? Do they know what time your ship docks for you to set up an appointment? I am worried that ships time and local time might confuse me as to when I am supposed to be there... Planning on doing the private island thing, but just wanting to get my ducks in a row:cool:

Get any pics???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived