Coral Princess - Corner balconies. Too much wind?

Tapi

Hi!

I'm looking at the deck plans of the Coral Princess as we plan a cruise aboard it, and I noticed some balconies that are right on a corner, facing forward (specifically A624 and A625). The balcony is rounded giving both a side view and a forward view, which would be amazing, specially when going through the Panama Canal.

I have one concern though. Will there be too much wind when the ship is cruising full speed ahead?

Has anybody been on one of these cabins or a similar one? What was your experience?

Thanks for your input!

attachment.php?attachmentid=8414&d=1116157777

We had a corner balcony room on the Coral on our cruise to Alaska. The view on the corner was awesome.

Thanks Jean S! Any wind issues?

We had a corner balcony in the forward part of the mid-ship bump out section of the Coral. It was wonderful for going through the Panama Canal but it was nearly unusable during sea days. The wind was so strong and there is nothing to protect you from it. If we get a corner balcony again, it will be the aft part of that section so the wind is not hitting us straight on.

I agree with Janet. I would not one that is forward facing, because I spend a lot of time on the balcony, and would not want to be unable to use it on sea days. If the ship is sailing at 22 knots in the open ocean, one would have continuous wind of about 25 MPH. That would preclude relaxing on the balcony for me.

Archived