electricity supply on volendam

jackiedanny

are there any australians who have sailed on the volendam who can tell me do i need a voltage adaptor as well as a plug adapter to recharge my computer and camera batteries with their australian plugs and if i do where do you get them from?:confused:

They have an American point and also a European on. If you use the European one you only need an adaptor as their power supply is similar. If you use the US one you will either need a voltage converter thing or dual voltage appliances. Most laptops are dual voltage and some camera chargers are.

We too also take a powerboard as then you can plug in more than one thing at a time.

I am an aussie travelling on the Volendam starting in Hong Kong on 9 November 2009. The travel agent Travel The World who are the main agent for Holland America in Sydney said that all I needed was an american adapter. Is that going to work? After reading the last post I am not so sure.

American power is 110v whereas Australian is 220-240v. So simply using an adaptor MAY not work, it depends on the appliance. A lot of modern appliances are dual voltage, which means they run on either 110 or 220-240 voltage. For example, my laptop just works wherever, but my travel iron has a little switch that I need to set to the correct power supply. I had an old "size c" battery charger which didn't work and my old mobile phone didn't work.

You need to check each of your appliances for their voltage requirements.

The easiest guarantee is to use an European adaptor as they basically have the same voltage.

Archived