Where and How to Get a Cab Back to Terminal in Mazalan and PV?

bbsquest

I'm looking to do it myself by taking cab to the old town in the two cities. But where and how do I get a cab back? Are there plenty of cabs on the street? Or is there a specific location to get it?

Also as plan B, how and where do I take bus to come back?

Thanks.

We took a cab to the Malecon in PV in July and cabs were all about and had no trouble getting a cab back to port. Just be sure to agree on the price and make sure it is for everyone before you get in just so you know you wont have any suprise upcharges when you get there.

In PV Taxi's are avail just about any place you visit, so you should have no problem finding one when your ready to head back to you ship. Just make sure you have a set rate before taking off..

Buses can be a bit of a experience , and a real adventure :)

From the ship terminal look for the bus that says " Centro" which will lead you to the downtown , Malecon area and on the way back look for the one that says Marina . You can typically pick up the bus right in front of the cruise terminal and on the way back be dropped off right in front of wal mart.

Not sure of the current rate for the buses but the last time I was in PV the rate was about .50 cent usd... You will require pesos to take the bus and they typically do not provide change.

When in doubt just ask for the bus that will take you to Walmart :) it's a good start and end spot because it's right in front of your ship :)

We just got back from PV last night (and saw the tailend of HR one wet windy day in nuevo WOW)

Puerto Vallarta taxis are set in zones and are rated as such. We always confirm what the rate is before leaving. We stayed at Playa Los Arcos where the rate is 120 pesos to the airport and we confirmed it with the bellman and then I asked again within earshot of the taxi driver. When we started driving away my husband asked him how much and he replied 150 peso. I retorted that that was the wrong rate and it was only 120 pesos.

Dh said he wanted out and the driver said yes 120 pesos but more for luggage....folks the bellman (who got 30 pesos) and we put the suitcases into the suitcase. I said 120 pesos and then another taxi drove by with a number on it's side. I remarked to dh it is customery to get the taxis number and phone it on with what had happened and we had to get the police at airport to tell Mr. Cabdriver the proper rate. He must have heard and understood cause the rate was 120 he handled one small bag and got 10 extra pesos. In all the years of going to PV this was the first time a cab driver tried to rib us off.....good thing we knew what to do and about what to do when calling their bluff.

Not sure what websites but I think trip advisor or allvallarta.com might have the rates

Archived