Precruise Denali cruise questions....

dsstasz

This will be our first time in Alaska. We are going to Denali before our cruise. It's scheduled through Regent. Just wondering if anyone on here has been on this and if you have any recommendations, comment, suggestions. How was the train ride? What did u pack for Denali? Did the rest of your luggage go to the ship area?

Thanks in advance

This will be our first time in Alaska. We are going to Denali before our cruise. It's scheduled through Regent. Just wondering if anyone on here has been on this and if you have any recommendations, comment, suggestions. How was the train ride? What did u pack for Denali? Did the rest of your luggage go to the ship area?

Thanks in advance

My response won't help you as far as scheduling a pre-cruise with Regent but 10 yrs. ago we took an Alaskan cruise with Cruise West and arranged with another travel company to travel to Denali prior to leaving on our cruise. We were booked on the Princess train (domed) and the scenery was gorgeous....stayed at the Princess Lodge in Denali which was very nice. I do recommend the bus trip into Denali Park all the way from start to finish (Kantishna). We saw wildlife we have seen before with the exception of Moose and I really wanted to see one of these critters.

The highlight of our trip was seeing Mt. McKinley in all it's glory...all peaks showing...which is most unusual because it is usually shrouded in clouds.

Enjoy your trip and I wish for you wonderful weather both at Denali and on your cruise....As for clothes, I don't know when you are going. Early in the summer is warmer and later in Sept. is cooler.. Hope this helps!

Patty

Jeans, Khaki's and layers. Rain gear. Warm coats and gloves for being near the glaciers. Layer your clothes, hiking type boots for day or tennis/track/running type shoes with grip soles. Hats and umbrellas. And pack some light clothes too - it can even get hot. We hit 85 in Juneau on our first trip. And the glacier areas are ice cold. Alaska is casual.

Onboard ship at night - think Country Club Casual. Sport Coat, slacks and polo-type shirt or long sleeve dress shirt. Women - nice restaurant attire

Archived