ship excursions from volendam

jackiedanny

i dont have a booking number yet so can't get onto the page where you see how much ship excursions cost, i am thinking of doing the train trip in dunedin and the chauffered car in tuaranga off the volendam in march. has anyone tried these options and did you think they were worth it?

thanks jackiedanny

For some strange reason we have no shore tours in Tauranga listed for our cruise. There were ones offered last year.

A chauffered car is very expensive. The only port I can see it listed on my next cruise is Lyttleton/Christchurch and it is $625 for a 1/2 day and $1139 for a whole day and that is a car which says a maximum of 2 people (how bizarre). A minivan is $899/$1450 and up to 7 people. If I remember correctly they were a similar sort of price last year too. You would be much better hiring a car yourself for the day and driving around. Of course you would miss out on commentary and local knowledge.

wow!! that is expensive, i guess i will be hiring a car and doing it myself out of tauranga

will have to think about dunedin as they do bring the train to the ship and my mum cant walk far i am thinking about the hassle of getting a bus or taxi to and fro from the dunedin train station

thanks for the info

jackiedanny:)

Archived