Buy BIRG tickets for Civitavecchia to Rome in Naples?

nevarez

I would like to avoid the ticket lines at the Civitavecchia (to Rome) train station. Is it possible to purchase the ticket in Naples and activate it the next day in Civitavecchia at the yellow ticket machines? I will be in Naples on November 11(Wednesday) and in Civitavecchia the following day via the NCL Gem. Thanks!

No. The BIRG is a regional ticket sold by the regional transportation authority, not Trenitalia, and is only available in Lazio.

I don't think you have to worry about lines at the station in Civitavecchia. I was there on the Gem in July, at the height of the season, and there was no problem at all.

If there is a line at the ticket office, go to the right to the newsstand. You can buy the ticket there with no line at all; same ticket, same price (9 Euro).

No. The BIRG is a regional ticket sold by the regional transportation authority, not Trenitalia, and is only available in Lazio.

I don't think you have to worry about lines at the station in Civitavecchia. I was there on the Gem in July, at the height of the season, and there was no problem at all.

If there is a line at the ticket office, go to the right to the newsstand. You can buy the ticket there with no line at all; same ticket, same price (9 Euro).

I agree here. We had about 10 people in the ticket window line when we arrived at the Civitavecchia station. But I had read here on CC that the newstand could sell me BIRGs, so I ducked in there and there was on couple in front of me. The man in the newstand knew exactly what we wanted. Just say "BIRG" and hold up fingers to indicate how many you need and give him the money. We were in and out in 30 seconds.

Thank you very much for your help! This is my first time in Europe and thanks to CC and Rick Steves,my husband and I ( and another couple) are attempting to visit the sites without relying on NCL's tours.:)

Archived