Spa package purchase for 14 day cruise

wagmart

I am going on a back to back on the Westerdam in three weeks. I have contacted Holland America direct about buying the spa package ahead of time. They informed me that I can buy the 14 day package now. I asked whether I could buy just one week since I am on two 7 day cruises. Since I am booked as a 14 day cruise they said they couldn't do it over the phone I had to try to do it on the ship when I arrived. Dos anybody know whether I will be able to book the one week and not the full 14 days. I would like to try it for a week to make sure I will enjoy it before I commit to the full two weeks. Or am I going to enjoy it and should book the full 14 days and be done with it. I need some savvy help on this one. :D

I just purchased package for the first time on our upcoming Westerdam seven day trip 2/21/10 - If you love it and it sells out for your second week, I would think you would be very disappointed. If you purchase both weeks and don't think it's worth it, maybe they will let you transfer your balance for the second week to onboard credits. I'm sure you could easily find something to buy with the extra money;) Have a wonderful time - I can't wait!!

The price they quoted me over the phone for the 14 days was $500.00 for the two of us. Quite a difference from what you paid.

I checked with HAL too - was told the same thing as you. That's why we always wait until we get onboard - if you decide to do it that way, make it the first thing you do upon boarding. It's always worked for us.;)

On the Maasdam Feb. '09 the price was $150 for 14 days for 1 person, believe it was $250 for a couple for the 14 days. I did it and used it almost every day. In 14 days only saw one other person in there, usually went first thing in the morning (0800).

I checked with HAL too - was told the same thing as you. That's why we always wait until we get onboard - if you decide to do it that way, make it the first thing you do upon boarding. It's always worked for us.;)

I can't imagine that is varies that much from ship to ship. The spa will be our first stop after we board. Thanks

On the Maasdam Feb. '09 the price was $150 for 14 days for 1 person, believe it was $250 for a couple for the 14 days. I did it and used it almost every day. In 14 days only saw one other person in there, usually went first thing in the morning (0800).

A person wouldn't think that the prices vary from ship to ship. I guess when we board the spa will be our first stop.

A person wouldn't think that the prices vary from ship to ship. I guess when we board the spa will be our first stop.

I'm guessing that one reason the prices vary so much from ship to ship is that the facilities vary from ship to ship. Seems the Vista class ships hava much nicer T-spa facility and that the S-class ships did a retro-fit to carve out some of the old spa space to make another money-generating area.

I'm interested to know what's on the R-class ships, as we're cruising on Amsterdam next month. Anybody know? For example, Do they have steam rooms available to all or only to the T-spa pass holders?

Archived