Just off Holiday 11/2/09

cpacheco212121

Ok so i just came off the holiday, It was one of the best and weirdest time i have ever had in my life. As i am a New Yorker i felt a little of place at first among a sea of my southern folk but soon i found out they are just the friends i have yet to meet! I had a Blast but i am sure some people did not feel the same way. There was a pipe that burst on the 6th floor and many people were out of rooms for the cruise, i felt so bad b/c they had to sleep in the library and prusers lobby :(...so if you are on the 6th and some of the 5th floor you might get a faint wiff of something not so fresh. The crew was amazing, especially the bar and club staff..I became know as "corona gurl" :D...The entertainment was good and the comedians were funny as all get out, but i do feel like they needed more daytime activities. Food was so so for me, the lido was HORRIBLE....everything was bland except for the cheesburgers..I had to have a salt and pepper shaker in hand at all times. Dinning room food was excellent,table mates not so much but it is only for 40 mins or so ;). All in all i had a blast and would sail her a million times given the chance. On the 7th i an goin on the destiny which i saw in cozumel while we are docked and will review when i get back. Oh one more thing I traveled solo and this trip and found it very freeing i moved around when ever i pleased. so do try if you can!

I had a Blast but i am sure some people did not feel the same way. There was a pipe that burst on the 6th floor and many people were out of rooms for the cruise, i felt so bad b/c they had to sleep in the library and prusers lobby :(...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Crazy happenings for sure. I am glad that in spite of the problems that you were able to have a good cruise. I am sure that we will be hearing from some of the folks that were effected by the plumbing problems. I have never heard of such a thing happening on a cruise ship. What a mess that had to have been.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm too new to know all the ships that sail for CCL, isn't this the ship that is done?

Yes it is done. At this moment she is in Italy for an extensive dry dock and then on to Spain as the Grande Holiday sailing along with her sister ship the Grand Celebration

The main pool:confused: I only remember one:p

Two on Lido: one (with the slide) mid-forward, and one aft. There was also a kids pool (wader depth) down a deck. Then, two whirlpools.

I always wondered about whether pools leak or not. :eek: I bet there were some serious grumps on that trip!

We were also on this sailing but we were on the Empress deck, so we weren't directly involved. However, did see some passengers sleeping in the library. Also, water pressure was really bad.

Never heard any crabbing by anyone? Was also sad all the pools were closed the remainder of the cruise.

Was a nice cruise, though.

Glad we got on the Holiday before she left :(

Archived