Select Dining Program - Any experiences

msweebee

I am looking for passenger experiences with Celebrity's Select Dining Program on the Equinox. I realize there is not alot of history yet with this new dining option but any input/advice from anyone having any first hand knowledge would be gratefully appreciated. I have called Celebrity Experience Desk at 800/590-6221 and was not able to get anymore information than I could find on their website or in press releases.

My question was posed for passengers who have used Select Dining in the past several weeks; I am seeking information on reserved dining times being close to the time you were seated and if there were issues being seated at a table for 2 as reserved or if they try and group you into a larger table. Being merged into a larger table at Breakfast or Lunch is acceptable but a quieter dinner is our preferred style. We have usually dined in Specialty Restaurants about 50% of time on 14 day cruises and are interested in how this new Select Dining option has worked thus far.

Time is somewhat limited for input as we will be on Equinox in just a few weeks. Thanks for any experiences anyone can share.

Well, we just came off the 10/10 Equinox sailing and had Select Dining. We did not choose Select until we got on-ship (you have a 24-hour window to do this). We did not pre-reserve any times on any night. We always had a table for two - there were no problems in accommodating us. We just decided when we were hungry (on a night-to-night basis), got dressed, walked in, told them we wanted a table for two, were then seated at a table for two (within less than five minutes), it worked pretty much like a "land" restaurant on a weekday night. No problems of any kind. There were a couple of occasions where we did not care for the location of the table to which we were assigned, and we just said that we would prefer to wait for another table, and there was not a problem - we got a better table within two or three minutes.

I'm in Select Dining on Equinox right now. Were ending a 2 week cruise and starting the 2 week transatlantic and I'm using my minutes up so on-line. We get a table for 2 every night. No problem. We reserved the first couple of nights and then they said we didn't need to so we just walk up and get a table near the window for two. Once or twice the window tables were full but we were still seated right away. The only time we had to wait was when they had a large party in front of us and had to go set a table up for them. It's just like a land based restaurant on a week night, as has been stated.

Archived