Fantasy Review 10-26-09 - 10-31-09 long

Tapit

Here goes. Ok we spent 2 days in New Orleans. We stayed at the Drury Inn. The Cemetery tour was great. On Monday we got to the ship at 10:30. We were not able to board till 12:45. The ship had just gotten in at 10:00. Told to go sit in red seats then about 10 min told to go check in then told sit in red seats again and someone will give us a zone card. Well needless to say others already had them so we went back to a different check in person and got a zone 2 card. Had our picture taken then the pic for the s&s card then got to get on the ship. Went to the lido bought soda card $34.95 plus a cup for $4.95. We had a cheese burger, chips and cheese (watered down) chicken strips, fries, cupcake with like a strawberry cool whip cupcake. Tried the tea horable but I got used to it. At 1:30 able to get to our room. We were E3 with porthole view. Met Donny our room person. Walked a round a bit till 3:30 time for drill. Yes we met in the Universal lounge then up to the deck and yes we had our life vest on. Ran down to room to drop off the vest came back up to find we had already left. Not bad walked around a bit more it was chilly had on a sweater. Went back to our room about 4 and our luggage came. Grabbed a slice of pizza and we split a tuna sandwich. Next thing we new it was time for dinner 6. Took a little longer the 1st night because they have to show you where you sit. I was so excited to sit with other people but to my supprise we had a table for 2. Our waitress was Anistasia and her asst was Armen both from Ukraine. Sorry for any spelling errors for all of you checking. We had fried shirmp, beef soup, lasagna bolognese, St louis style ribs, cheese cake and of course the Chocolate Melting Cake. (sorry but I didnt like it). We werent that hungry because of the snack. After dinner we walked up to the front of the ship and then the back. That became our nightly walk each night. To my supprise it is very windy up there some nights. As far as all the stuff to bring I didnt need the power strip as only charged the camera and dont use the blowdryers and curling irons or straightners. There was one on the wall and 1 in our bathroom. I did make a door sign but there was only 1 room in front of ours but it was still neat to have. Went back to the room around 11 and got our 1st towel animal.

Tuesday we just hung out on the lido people watching and gawking. Laughing at the 300 lb ladys in bikinis. We are so bad. We watched the ice carving and harry mens competion. Cute. There was just a small shower for about 1 min. Gor ready for diner walked the upper floors again.Dinner Shrimp coctail there were 4, strawberry bisque, lobster with mash potatoes and 4 tiger shrimp and a side of prime rib and baked potatoe, orange sherbert and cherry jubilee dissapointed because it wasnt on fire when it came out. This was the formal dinner. Lots of pic every where and was the meet the Captian evening that was before dinner.

Wednesday day in Progresso. I was supprised to the the police in full gear will the gun and all just standing on the corner. We did the double decker tour bus $2 then went to a little resturant. We had nachos a bottle of water and a coke, it was $9.00. We walked by all the vendors they kept trying to sell me Harley Davidson stuff as that is the shirt I was wearing. Did buy a pair of Oakley Sunglasses talked him down to $10. We walked to the water and the beach was just covered will shells. And yep while posing for a pic the water soaked our shoes yep tennis shoes lol. Massaged people all over. Start with $20 but got them down to $10 they say for an hr but more like 30-45 min. Mine was in the sun. The tent was full but my fair skinned husband somehow got in the shade. I didnt have a suit on but the lady asked me to take my shirt off and she unhooked my bra. Didnt bother me any it was a little cooler that way lol. She hooked me back up and I put my shirt on and we were off. We walked around the one thing that I did notice is that in all the stores there were no lights, they had ceiling fans but no lights. I bought 2 1ltr bottles of vanilla for $5. He wanted $3 for $1 or 2 for $5. I thought that was a good price to I paid him what he asked. It was at the little place they drop you off at. Rode back to the pier. Well I checked in the duty free shopping place and it was $10 for the same size so I think I got a good deal. Walked in and people were blowing whistles for you to stop and buy a drink so we did. One Jager bomb $6 Sol beer $1 and Mexican Kool-aide shots $1. Not sure how many of them we had but they were great. Bought a backpack for $15 they wanted $18 and 1 1.75oz bottle of Disaronno for $34. Walked out and another guy stopped me and game me a shot of the mexican koolaide. I kept telling him to do it again that I didnt know if I liked it or not. He must have given me 5-6 shots. It was really good. Got back on the ship and took a quick shower. Went to the lido and entered a water trivia game. No I didnt get the ship on the stick or now its like a trophy. But I did get a medal. Hung out a while showered and headed for our nightly walk and dinner. Mango cream soup, shrimp coctail, Steak with Bpotatoe & fries. Tramisu and husband had orange sherbert. Anistasia noticed I didnt like it anb brought me orange sherbert. Then she said if you dont know if you will like something or not what would I want for an emergancy. Ok one thing I learned about dinner. Dont just eat and leave that is the night that they sang or danced for us. The table next to us stopped us later that night and asked why we left and we told them we were done. They let us know that you need to sit there till its over so from then on we did. Oh yeah they came by with a bread basket but didnt leave it on the table. Ok no pin but I commented to the nice people that gave us the dinner info about the pin and he gave me his. So sweet the next night the lady gave me another for my husband. So now we have our very own. Halloween costume party that night. Kiss won as we didnt take part. My husband didnt want to but we were going to be Mr and Mrs Clean.

Thursday Cozumel. We booked the Buggy and snorkle excursion it was 5 hours ended up to be 6. We went to a beach to snorkle then got off road stopped to se the crocodile then off the beach. We had lunch in Punta Sur played in the water then headed to the light house. There were 133 steps and no elevator. The view was amazing. The buggy in front of us blew his front left tire out. Everyone was ok he rode with the tour guide that was at the end there were 2 of them. Got back at 3:30 not much time for shopping as ship was leaving at 4:30. Grabbed a few items then off to the ship. Got ready for dinner. Escargo emergency back up Bing Cherry Cream and its a good thing I got that. Shrip coctail, steak and baked potatoe and the penne pasta forgot what was for desert because I didnt write it down. That night we had room service Blt and Grilled cheese and cheese cake. Nightly walk. Back to our room and another towel animal. We had one each night. Donny let me keep them all for the week and we put them up in the porthole so they wouldnt get smashed.

Friday we were going to get up early to watch the sun rise. Guess what it rises without you lol. Just hung out on the lido most of the day. Did the slot tourney $20 my machine didnt win but when they called the wild card number they were 1 away from mine. It was fun. Got ready for dinner. Crab cakes, a fruit plate, we both have veal parm and chicken breast, pumpkin cheese cake and chocolate chocolate cake. Our nightly walk then off to the room to figure out how to pack everything.

Saturday up at 7 out of the room by 7:30. Our zone was 12 9-15 but we were called at 8:40. All of our luggage was there except our friends. Someone took her bag. Then the airport sent here luggage somewhere else. She got that one back at 11:30 am and the lady called her yesterday claiming that she had her bag and that both her tag and the other ladys tag were on it. Who knows when she will sent it to her.

Likes.....Dinner, lido deck, kiss on the lips, Cozumel, beach.

Dislikes..The matierdee standing at the door on Friday with his hand out for money which I didnt even know we had one as I never saw him. I thought that was tacky as they left the envelope in the room but he was standing at the door when we walked in.

Misc....Less clothes..didnt need water shoes...hair isnt going to do anything anyway so dont bother. We had a razor, pepcid ac, shampoo sample. They did provide soap and shampoo but no conditioner and you really need that after having the wind blown look. The had had sanatizer in each line for food.

Our s&s card was only $538 and only spent $182.50 on the islands.

FooFoo drinks were $7.95 likd 8.64 with gratituity and $6.95 if you refill it in the dod glass.

We didnt see any shows we went to just relax and that is what we did.

Sorry this was long and I tried to get everything in. I dont know how to do the pic thingie. This was our 1st cruise and now i'm hooked and ready to book another.

Archived