Air from PHX to Venice

Luxxmi

Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay from PHX to Venice in June? We just booked our cruise on the Princess Ruby for June 10th and I see air going for $1350 PER PERSON! YIKES!!! I had no idea!

What is a reasonable fare that I should be looking out for and which airlines?

thank you in advance!

Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay from PHX to Venice in June? We just booked our cruise on the Princess Ruby for June 10th and I see air going for $1350 PER PERSON! YIKES!!! I had no idea!

Allow me to ask....just what had you thought was a reasonable fare? Further....you booked a cruise and then looked at airfare, correct?

What you can expect to pay is what you are finding....the price reflects what the market will bear.

Finally, recognize that VCE has minimal non-stop service from the USA (DL and US) with extremely high demand on "cruise days". Especially if several ships are doing a turnaround on the same day.

For some actual numbers, ITA is showing that for an 8 or 9 day trip, your pricing is actually some of the lowest for the month of June.

That sounds pretty typical for June to Europe.

This past June I flew from LAX to Venice and from Rome back to LAX for $1250. We got our tickets about 10 wks out and at about 6 wks out the fare went down $300 for the exact same flights (so I got a small credit after subtracting the change fee).

I always wait until closer to the date and then purchase my airfare - about 3 months out max. In my experiences the price has always come down so I never get it too far in advance. But had we waited until 6 wks out when the fare went down (and we had no idea if it would or not) we would not have gotten the good seats together that we did, so there are always risks.

PS We were on the Ruby, too - you'll love her!!!

That airfare is typical for the European summer travel between June through August. Last summer was an exception with the recession and lower oil prices. I remember seeing travel into Venice during the summer from Phoenix for under a $1000. I don't think this coming summer will be like the last. That $1300 airfare probably won't drop. Believe it or not you probably have a decent airfare for the time of year. Tim

Wow that's amazing! We usually always fly in June to Europe (our anniversary). 3 years ago we went from LAX to Rome for $650 a person and from EWR(Newark) to Paris 2 years ago for $450 so I guess for me this is a sticker shock! I had no idea that prices were this high!

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep a close eye out! Any sites I should frequent to stay on top of this?

thank you!

Wow that's amazing! We usually always fly in June to Europe (our anniversary). 3 years ago we went from LAX to Rome for $650 a person and from EWR(Newark) to Paris 2 years ago for $450 so I guess for me this is a sticker shock! I had no idea that prices were this high!

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep a close eye out! Any sites I should frequent to stay on top of this?

thank you!

There are several sites but I would suggest you sign up with the various airlines to get on their sale e-mail lists.

Another option is to find a good price to just get over to Europe somewhere and then connect to VCE. You mentioned flying from LAX and EWR to Europe, have you priced those options? Starting your web search from PHX will not always give you the best price on some web sites.

Just start playing around on any web site with different to/from US and Europe airports and see what you can find. Connecting from PHX and to VCE should then be easy (but you may have to deal with luggage issues if not partner airlines).

Good luck;),

John

Archived