Ziggy & Stanford's girl Live from the Ruby Princess Nov 4-14, 2009!!

Ziggy7

I think I speak on behalf of all of us following this thread. Thank you so much for taking time out of your cruise to share your experiences with us. Looks like you had the most fab time. Enjoy your last evening on board and safe travels home. :)

I agree. You've been so incredibly gracious and generous with your time. I'm glad you've had a great cruise -- hope we get to meet one day!

Janette

Thank you for all your wonderful information. We sail the Ruby on Dec 4th. Does anyone know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas by then.

It should be! We're on the cruise before you and I expect they'll start decorating right after Thanksgiving. That's what happened the last TG cruise we were on.

Janette

It should be! We're on the cruise before you and I expect they'll start decorating right after Thanksgiving. That's what happened the last TG cruise we were on.

Janette

GREAT! That means that we will get to see the decorations. I didn't expect that.

Honey! We're home!!!!!!! But I'm here catching up with family and will post tomorrow!

We missed you all and can't wait to post more info and menus and patters!

Sweet Dreams Everyone!!!!

(Oh yeah the big event was Janice & I were invited to the bridge by the Captain but we had to sign a contract swearing we wouldn't get anywhere near the controls!!!! Especially the brakes! LOLOLOL We have pictures to prove it too hehehe :)

Deb and Janice, thank you so much for taking us along with you on your cruise. I have completely enjoyed the experience and it made me feel like I was almost onboard with you.

Janice, I always get "the voice" the last few days of a cruise and it usually lasts way too long when I get home. I have heard others say that it's called "the Princess cold" that is caught by many. Hope you're feeling better soon. :p

Brrrrrrrrrr, we're back home in cold Oregon!! Definitely a big change from the beautiful, hot, sunny weather we experienced for the last 11 nights.

The cruise was outstanding and I'm going to start my review tomorrow while doing the never ending dirty laundry we brought home with us. Both of us did very well with our packing and hubby only came home with 1 clean shirt and I came home with 3.

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words to Ziggy and I. We enjoyed answering your questions and we hope that the info will help all of you sailing on the Ruby in the future. She truly is a beautiful ship with a 1st class crew and staff.

Once I get my review done, I will post the link to it here for you. :D

Nighty night and sweet dreams,

Janice

Thank you for all your wonderful information. We sail the Ruby on Dec 4th. Does anyone know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas by then.

Thanks again for posting about your wonderful cruise.

HockeyMum.

We'll be with you on Dec 4th as well as with Toberman on Nov 24th. If they don't decorate for the 24th cruise, it will surely be done before we get off on Dec 14th.

~DORIS~

Honey! We're home!!!!!!! But I'm here catching up with family and will post tomorrow!

(Oh yeah the big event was Janice & I were invited to the bridge by the Captain but we had to sign a contract swearing we wouldn't get anywhere near the controls!!!! Especially the brakes! LOLOLOL We have pictures to prove it too hehehe :)

Hehe, why did you think you two were going to "drive" the ship, LOL?

Only you two would get an invite to see the bridge by the Captain himself..........lol!!! Glad you are both home safe, well and happy (this time!).

This question is for Ziggy - how are the handicap cabins?

Are the doorways wide enough for scooters? Is the bathroom arranged to where when you shower the whole room doesn't get wet? Is there enough room in a balcony handicapp to store a scooter without tripping over it? Do they have a ramp to and from the balcony? How high off the floor is the safe? Is there a seat in the shower and is there a handheld shower head? Is there ample outlets to recharge a scooter battery at night as well as utilizing a CPAP at the same time? Are all of the public areas accessible to someone who is scooter, power chair, or wheelchair bound?

Since you did cruise in a handicapp cabin because of Jim's mobility problems, your answers will be greatly appreciated by all of us who are or have partners with handicaps. And I will be happy to post your answers on the handicap boards.

Thank you for all the answers as they could enfluence the cruise a family might take who have a disabled member.:D:D:D

For those of you who will be buying booze to take home with you, buy it in St. Thomas as the prices are much better there than on the ship and they have more variety. We bought ours at A.H. Rise (?) on the main street and they boxed and delivered it to the ship for free.

An example is their price for Absolut Vodka was 3 liters of any flavors for $27.00 and the ships price was 2 liters for $24.95. Also a liter of Grand Marnier was $27.95 there as compared to $34.95 on the ship. :D

I caught the cold/cough bug 10 days before we left and thought I had gotten rid of it. Unfortunately I also came home with round 2 and it will take me a little longer to get my review done. :(

I know as soon as Ziggy is feeling better she will be posting the dinner menu's for all 10 days, so keep checking back for them. :D

Edited by stanford's girl

Thanks for all your great info. Will you be posting the menus also???? PLEASE?????? :)
Yes, here they are. They are missing the desert menus though! When I asked for a copy of all the menus I guess I didn't make it clear I also wanted the desert menus. I am just grateful I was able to get the dinner ones, so desert will be a surprise to everyone :)

Italian night was on the 7th night.

Yes, escargot & shrimp cocktail was available every night as long as they still had some :)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575564283GJrbCz

Thanks for the get well wishes, I'm feeling better today :)

Still trying to get back to normal for the time change difference eeeks!

Here are the patters for the 10 days

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575562467PFNlTs

Ziggy7, thanks for the Patters. We are sailing on a reverse itinerary to the same ports on the 20th Dec but I'm sure they won't be changing much if anything in the daily patters. We never seem to have time to look them over well enough on a cruise and always discover we missed something later. Thanks for the menus also, yummy.

If you saved them in pdf format could you upload that also, if not don't bother. Thanks again

Canuk

Ziggy feel better and thanks for all the hard work. I was looking at the menus and I did not see lobster tail on any of them. Did they have that on any of the menus or are my eyes just going bad with old age? HAHA

I haven't looked at the menu's yet but I do know that lobster & prawns were served on the second formal night. It was so good that I had 2 of them. LOL :D

Ziggy feel better and thanks for all the hard work. I was looking at the menus and I did not see lobster tail on any of them. Did they have that on any of the menus or are my eyes just going bad with old age? HAHA
They were not on the menu but offered by waiter. All you can eat too!!!

Ziggy7, thanks for the Patters. We are sailing on a reverse itinerary to the same ports on the 20th Dec but I'm sure they won't be changing much if anything in the daily patters. We never seem to have time to look them over well enough on a cruise and always discover we missed something later. Thanks for the menus also, yummy.

If you saved them in pdf format could you upload that also, if not don't bother. Thanks again

Canuk

Sorry, didn't do them in .pdf format :(