Taking Food from Horizon Ct to Private Balcony

Konagal

I'm an early riser but my wife likes to sleep in. After I have had my breakfast in the buffet I always bring back her breakfast so she can eat it on the balcony (weather permitting) or in the room. I usually bring back tea for myself. We just leave all the dishes, etc. in the room and they are usually gone when we get back to the room after lunch. I have never been stopped or questioned by any staff member (except once by our cabin steward who wanted to know if my wife was sick!). It's your vacation - enjoy it.

Hi Honey, is that you? ;)

We do this fairly often, and yes, sometimes get the looks but most people just want to know 'where we got it' which always seems odd to me. I think some people never venture outside of the dining rooms!

As to the hallway stuff, it is common practice in hotels so I understand why some people may quite innocently think that's the 'right way' to do it on a cruiseship. Just leave it in your cabin, and it will get cleared when your room is made up.

it is one of the joys to bring back food and enjoy on your balcony if you have one. Nothing like cheese, crackers, shrimp, fruit, cookies, cake, hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza,..........sorry, got carries away with wonderful memories. No, we normally just brought in appitizers (what, no spell check??) to enjoy with a glass of wine before dinner. Never once did we get any dirty looks. As a matter of fact, crew and fellow passengers were most helpful with doors, elevator buttons, etc when my hands were full with plates.....Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

We enjoy eating on the balcony however, we bus our own 'dirties' back up to either the HC or the pool area near the pizza/grill area so it will be picked up. I personally don't want a tray of dirty dishes sitting around my stateroom until after dinner when the steward makes up the room - plus why should they have to cart away my dirty lunch dishes. I also don't have a cleaning person at home because I'd have to clean up before they came to clean!:rolleyes:

Bravo. I do exactly the same although we tip Mr. Stewart quite well. Thank you on behalf of all the Stewarts who work so hard without acting as bus boys. Remember that any items "delivered" by Room Service will be picked up by Room Service but Room Service will not pick up dishes that are brought to the cabin by the pax.

We enjoy eating on the balcony however, we bus our own 'dirties' back up to either the HC or the pool area near the pizza/grill area so it will be picked up. I personally don't want a tray of dirty dishes sitting around my stateroom until after dinner when the steward makes up the room - plus why should they have to cart away my dirty lunch dishes. I also don't have a cleaning person at home because I'd have to clean up before they came to clean!:rolleyes:

I make my DH crazy before the cleaning person comes; making sure that that everything is "tidy!" I don't want "stuff" laying all over the place and time wasted on trying to figure out where it all goes!

For me; cleaning is "cut to the chase"....get on your hands and knee's and start scrubbing!

On one of the cruise reviews I read, the poster said she loaded up a plate in the Horizon court and took it back to her balcony to eat. This is obviously different than taking a few cookies back to the room. Is the staff disapproving of this or is it an accepted practice? If an accepted practice, is that true just for breakfast and/or lunch or for all meals?

We brought back some snacks to have with our wine on our balcony. Our cabin Steward never had a problem with it, he just took the dirty dishes off of our "cocktail table" when he came in to turn our bed down.

We saw lots of dirty dishes sitting in the hallway, with lots of food left on them. Why do people take so much?:confused:

Archived