Selective advertising campaigns...

telutel

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some advice here. I booked an upcoming cruise on the Ruby Princess for Feb 8th. We booked it last June, we have 3 cabins booked with 9 passengers.

The other day my Mom gets a brochure mailed to her that is $200 cheaper for the 1st and 2nd passenger in a cabin.

I called Princess up, and they will not honor that price for us. I talked to Captain's Circle who transferred us to another department, who transferred us to customer relations, and they said they aren't willing to add that code of the special to our account.

He also said that this is new this year. In previous years if you are all past customers they would honor the new price. But this year they stopped doing that and the price is only good for the person who got the mailing.

Kinda sucks... Is there a way around it?

Thanks

Lots of complaints lately about the same thing, regional targeting and captain's circle number targeting is what is happening here.

Their cruise line, and their rules (is the way I look at it). No way around this if you have already exhausted your options of talking to all those departments.

Only way you might be able to 'fudge' a bit is to book those with the special pricing into one stateroom, and one of those that doesn't get the special pricing with them, and then switch staterooms after boarding (the purser's desk can take care of switching the key cards and accounts around for you).

If a person gets a lower price than you and you are going with them have them book the cruise.It works our, friend who lives in Flordia and I live in Calif. and they got the price for our cabins $100.00 cheaper than I could. We both checked with Princess and they got a better price than I could? So I guess they do give a better discounts in some places than others?

Archived