Balcony Door Between Cabins

piper61

Does every balcony cabin have a door that can be opened upon request to the cabin balcony next to it? We have booked cabin 7219 next to my sister who has 7223. When we booked these cabins the TA knew we wanted cabins next to each other. Now Carnival is telling us these cabins do not have a door which opens between these two balcony rooms. Could this be true? The pictures I have seen show doors with a lock, although I do not know that this is the case with all balcony dividers.

No, not all the doors open...you actually have to have your TA ask Carnival which ones do. We requested this on our last cruise, and it so happened that the rooms also connected...not sure if those are the only ones whose balconies connect. Maybe you should see if you can switch?

I have been doing some research on balconies a while back when we booked our first balcony cabin. They do NOT always connect to each other. Most of the times, the connection alternates. Think of it this way: Balcony #1 connect with #2, then the partition between #2 and #3 does NOT open, then #3 connects to #4 but the partition between #4 and #5 does not open... Get the idea?

I had the same problem not long ago when i was doing the research and discovered that all balconies do not connect...and my TA knew that the other party we are going with wanted connecting balconies...i had to call her and have a room changed to have connecting balconies. Sometimes i wonder about the TA...:rolleyes: I think i could be one because i have noticed i know more than she does (thanks to cruise critic) and i have never been on a cruise! :p

Does every balcony cabin have a door that can be opened upon request to the cabin balcony next to it? We have booked cabin 7219 next to my sister who has 7223. When we booked these cabins the TA knew we wanted cabins next to each other. Now Carnival is telling us these cabins do not have a door which opens between these two balcony rooms. Could this be true? The pictures I have seen show doors with a lock, although I do not know that this is the case with all balcony dividers.

piper61, I assume you're talking about the Dream. See cool website below. It looks like the balcony partitions for the rooms you have do not open between the two rooms you have. They are also not connecting cabins either (door inside).

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/

7219 8B OSTW 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / rab: 0

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 7215

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

7220 4E ISTW 185 sq ft

View: no window

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

7221 4E ISTW 185 sq ft

View: no window

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

7222 8B OST3 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed / rab: 0

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 7224

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

7223 8B OST3 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed / rab: 0

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 7227

Hi there everyone!! I am new to this and I think didn't know how to post my cruise date the right way, so my husband and I haven't "sailed" yet! how do I post a new question as I wanted to ask some about the Destiny ship?

Thanks and God bless!:)

Hi there everyone!! I am new to this and I think didn't know how to post my cruise date the right way, so my husband and I haven't "sailed" yet! how do I post a new question as I wanted to ask some about the Destiny ship?

Thanks and God bless!:)

Welcome, we just got off Destiny Monday from a 4 day Western Itinerary, and have sailed this ship 3 times. Please ask any questions you like, I'd be happy to respond.

You can just ask under this post, and I will find them.

Last night I also posted a thread with 4 day menus attached. click on my screen name, and it will show all my posts, you can link from there then.

Once you post in a particular thread (a subject) you should get email notifications that a new message has been added. You can read the new message from your email, but be sure to go to link, or else you will not get any new notifications.

Best way to find info is under search to see if someone has posted info you are looking for, or click start new thread on top. try to look first there is so much info.

Welcome, we just got off Destiny Monday from a 4 day Western Itinerary, and have sailed this ship 3 times. Please ask any questions you like, I'd be happy to respond.

You can just ask under this post, and I will find them.

Last night I also posted a thread with 4 day menus attached. click on my screen name, and it will show all my posts, you can link from there then.

Once you post in a particular thread (a subject) you should get email notifications that a new message has been added. You can read the new message from your email, but be sure to go to link, or else you will not get any new notifications.

Best way to find info is under search to see if someone has posted info you are looking for, or click start new thread on top. try to look first there is so much info.

Very kind of you buffetfan, and good info. But to me, general questions about the Destiny should appear in their own thread, rather than in this one. Since this thread was about balcony rooms/dividers on the Dream, other users who may be interested in specific Destiny info might not come to this particular thread. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, just my opinion... :)

Very kind of you buffetfan, and good info. But to me, general questions about the Destiny should appear in their own thread, rather than in this one. Since this thread was about balcony rooms/dividers on the Dream, other users who may be interested in specific Destiny info might not come to this particular thread. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, just my opinion... :)

your correct- I will attach to my review of Destiny thread. After having notifications for many threads, I didn't even notice it wan't a real "destiny thread" thanks for heads up. I prefer info available "in correct location" to those looking for it.

your correct- I will attach to my review of Destiny thread. After having notifications for many threads, I didn't even notice it wan't a real "destiny thread" thanks for heads up. I prefer info available "in correct location" to those looking for it.

Wonderful! I'd be interested in that Destiny review & info myself... think the Destiny is next up after our Legend cruise in January. And I appreciate your kind response. Sometimes people take things the wrong way and get bent out of shape here. Now I need to follow my own advice and stop this highjack. ;)

Wonderful! I'd be interested in that Destiny review & info myself... think the Destiny is next up after our Legend cruise in January. And I appreciate your kind response. Sometimes people take things the wrong way and get bent out of shape here. Now I need to follow my own advice and stop this highjack. ;)

OK one last comment- I am providing link to albums- coincidentally prior to 4 day Destiny cruise we just did Legend in June 2009. Plenty of photos Legend & Destiny, Destiny Capers, food photos and menu from Destiny.

http://community.webshots.com/user/buffetfan

Archived