Arcade and Pastry/Coffee shop prices?

MamaParrotHead

The cakes and cookies that you pay for are very reasonable and well worth the money, (and are very delicious)! :rolleyes::p

The size of the cake slice is more than enough to share with others or save for a snack for later. UMMM, Chocolate, Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, and the list goes on.... This is one of my favorite places to relax on the ship, no massage or manicure for me, chocolate strawberries please!!!! :rolleyes:;):D

The cakes and cookies that you pay for are very reasonable and well worth the money, (and are very delicious)! :rolleyes::p

The size of the cake slice is more than enough to share with others or save for a snack for later. UMMM, Chocolate, Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, and the list goes on.... This is one of my favorite places to relax on the ship, no massage or manicure for me, chocolate strawberries please!!!! :rolleyes:;):D

I couldn't agree more. We cruised for our birthdays and since there's only two of us shared one of the specialty pastries as our "birthday cakes" - Chocolate Layer Cake on mine, White Forest Cake for his. Soooooo good - and it would have cost me that much to make a cake from a mix at home!

The buffet no longer has chocolate milk!:mad: I love the stuff! They only have hot chocolate in packets and tell you to mix it in.:confused:

On all of the ships that I've been on (Pride, Splendor, Paradise & Elation), the hot chocolate comes out of a dispenser near the coffee. The powder is in a container that's on top of the dispenser, and when you press the button it mixes with the water and the hot chocolate comes out. Sometimes the powder gets stuck and a server has to hit the container.

The buffet no longer has chocolate milk!:mad: I love the stuff! They only have hot chocolate in packets and tell you to mix it in.:confused: I don't care for the coffee in the buffet or the DR, so we order from the coffee shop. The coffee and hot chocolate are very good there!

That stinks. I love chocolate milk, too. (Well, most things chocolate, really! ;) But I drink chocolate milk throughout the week. And I don't drink plain milk.)

On the Freedom they had chocolate milk on the buffet in the morning. Several people would grab multiples and put the extra in their 'fridge for later. The chocolate shakes at the coffee shop are quite yummy. We usually have one with some chocolate covered strawberries one day as a little celebration. Nothing special, just being there with someone I love. ;) Neither of us drink coffee, but I noticed a LOT of crew members buying coffee at the shop. What a bunch of junkies! :p

Thanks, AMCJeep! Good idea about grabbing extra chocolate milks for later if that's the only time they have them. Glad the shakes are yummy, too - I might just have to try those.... ;)

Too funny about the crew member coffee junkies!

And I love your signature line that says, "Misery doesn't love company. Misery loves chocolate!" :D

Has anybody here tried the chocolate milkshake listed on the photo above? How about the hot cocoa? Are they good enough to spend money on them if you are needing a chocolate drink fix? (Do the ships have chocolate milk? If so, is it a pay-for item?)

I have been disappoined in the chocolate shakes on Carnival. The are not "chocolatey enough for me. I would not get another one.

The strawberry shake was delicious!

On the Freedom they had chocolate milk on the buffet in the morning. Several people would grab multiples and put the extra in their 'fridge for later.

Since travelling with our son who is a milk fanatic, I've noticed that the grill area will have milk out on the top shelf while it's open. When that's closed, just go into the Lido buffet area, and ask one of the nice guys behind the buffet for whatever kind of milk you need - it's in a cooler across from the food counter, takes them a few seconds. :) Had to do this a few times when we didn't grab enough in the morning! :o

I have been disappoined in the chocolate shakes on Carnival. The are not "chocolatey enough for me. I would not get another one.

The strawberry shake was delicious!

That's too bad. :( I do like them chocolatey, too, so I might have the same findings as you. Of course, it might also depend on who is making it. I may or may not try it, but if I do try it, I will try not to get too excited about it so I won't be disappointed if it isn't that great!

Since travelling with our son who is a milk fanatic, I've noticed that the grill area will have milk out on the top shelf while it's open. When that's closed, just go into the Lido buffet area, and ask one of the nice guys behind the buffet for whatever kind of milk you need - it's in a cooler across from the food counter, takes them a few seconds. :) Had to do this a few times when we didn't grab enough in the morning! :o

Thanks for the info.! I'll try to remember all these tips, LOL. I'm gonna need to make a list.... ;)

Archived