hotels in tampa

moffl

Hello Everyone:

i was wondering if someone could provide some information on the following

We are flying into tampa on the 15 january and going to sail on HAL Jan 17 and want to visit Busch Gardens on the 16.

We need to select a hotel that is close to Busch Gardens and also close to the pier. Do hotel shuttles take you to the pier and or Busch Gardens for a fee?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

There are not really any hotels that shuttle you from Busch gardens and also go to the port. Your best bet is take a taxi. Tampa has a lot of great hotels. My suggestion is get a hotel near the port because int he Busch Gardens are has a lot of run down trashy hotels.

You could stay at the Hard Rock off Interstate 4 if you can afford the $350.00 a night.. If not hotels downtown should not cost any more then 75.00 to 150.00 a night. but check hotwire.com

AndrewD65:

Is westshore downtown. not really sure of the area i should be looking in for hotels. Any suggestions on hotel names that you think good and are downtown close to the water and the port and the taxi fair would be reasonable to busch gardens

Also what is lowery zoo like

I really appreciate your knowledge of the area as it helps us stubble jumpers ( Canadian slang a prairie grain farmer )

Westshore is know as the business district but no it is not downtown. Tampa's downtown consists of two streets. Kennedy Blvd and Ashley Drive with some other cross streets.

My Recommendation if you are looking to stay near the harbor the following hotels are an idea

1:Marriott

2: Embassy Suites

3: Sheraton

4: The Westin

5: Hyatt Regency (Personal favorite, I have stayed there and it was awesome.)

6: Courtyard

If you use hotwire.com and I believe ask for a 4 star should be around 80 or so. in the tampa downtown area they hyatt comes up.. its so worth it..

Lowery Park Zoo is one of my favorite places on earth. I guess I have been blessed on my visits there. One visit I saw a buffalo giving birth, that was neat, and the bird aviary is fantastic, and once I think one of the snakes escaped, or it was visiting a friend????creepy!

I visited there alot when my Dad was alive, and never needed a place to stay back then. I miss him.

But we booked at the Embassy Suites Westshore, couldn't get Embassy near the pier. Westshore, picks you up at the airport, no charge, and will shuttle you to the pier for 10.00 per adult. Takes about 20 minutes. We get in on Saturday, and plan to spend the afternoon at the aquarium. Have a great cruise!

Archived