One way Shuttle FROM Port of Miami TO FLL

cattolica

I am getting sooooo confused. It is very hard to find any shuttle that will pick you up at the Port of Miam for transport to the Fort Lauderdale airport. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have contacted SAS and they said NO.........we can only book them for a round trip....no one way service from the Port of Miami to FLL due to security restrictions. Any that I find are over $100 for two people.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I, too, am not having much luck altho' I need to go from MIA to a Fort Lauderdale hotel pre-cruise. I have been told the only service authorised to pick up at MIA is supershuttle at about $40 per head (altho' I don't know if they pick up at PoM) or to take a taxi at $80.

I'll probably just take a taxi for ease and simplicity, but in the spirit of be-frugal-now-I'm-retired, I'll presume to share the question with the OP - does anyone know of better ways to get from Miami to Fort Lauderdale?

(For many reasons, I don't want to hire a car)

The last cruise I took, I booked with SAS roundtrip but on the way back, we couldn't find the shuttle and Steve wasn't answering the phone. There were shuttles out there that volunteered to take us for $20pp. Steve ended up calling me back and the shuttle finally showed up so we didn't need them. Maybe this was a unique experience but I will be in a similar boat this time around myself and hope that I can do this again.

My sis and I rented a private ride through this site from our Miami cruise back to FLL. The driver was waiting for us when we got off the ship. Although that was a few years ago and I don't remember any security restrictions? Maybe its different now.

But I do remember it was less than $100 for the two of us.

http://floridalimo.com/

Thanks, I did contact this company and their price is now $124 for the private car. I think that is a bit steep for a ride to the airport.

I also have e-mailed SAS and was basically told......no one way service from Port of Miami to FLL. Looks like we will be doing a taxi or a ship transfer.

Thanks for your responses they are greatly appreciated. This is our first time disembarking a cruise ship in Miami, so there is a lot to learn.

My sis and I rented a private ride through this site from our Miami cruise back to FLL. The driver was waiting for us when we got off the ship. Although that was a few years ago and I don't remember any security restrictions? Maybe its different now.

But I do remember it was less than $100 for the two of us.

http://floridalimo.com/

I have a res with SAS, using their shared ride van....it is $15 per person to FLL from the Miami Port. I emailed, and also called Steve and talked to him. But now I am a little concerned with all the conflicting information, and closer to our cruise I will call him again to verify.

Well, I am going to e-mail the guys at SAS again and see if I get a different answer. Maybe they give different answers on different days. If nothing else works out, I have confirmed that I can buy ship to airport transfers while I am on board. There will always be a way to the airport. :-)

Thanks again to everyone

Let us know what you find out. Two weeks ago in inquired with SAS about a one way from POM to FLL post cruise this coming June via their website. Got a note back saying it would be $13/pp (8 people in our group) and to fill out the reservation form if we wanted to go with them. Hoping you just caught somebody in a bad mood or something the day they said no one-way's...

Well, I must have gotten someone in a bad mood. Wrote them another e-mail yesterday and got a response back that the fare FROM Port of Miami TO FLL is $15 per person. Now I just have to decide whether or not to book with them. I have read a few reviews from people who waited, waited and waited and the driver never showed or was up to an hour late picking them up. I am almost thinking that it would be worth the extra $10 per person to book the cruise ship transfer to the airport.

Let us know what you find out. Two weeks ago in inquired with SAS about a one way from POM to FLL post cruise this coming June via their website. Got a note back saying it would be $13/pp (8 people in our group) and to fill out the reservation form if we wanted to go with them. Hoping you just caught somebody in a bad mood or something the day they said no one-way's...

Obviously I misunderstood SAS in their e-mail. However, for us, is too expensive to rely on a cell phone to insure a shuttle pickup, if it requires mulitple calls to the shuttle company. Also, based on reviews on several travel sites we have decided that we will use the cruise ship transfers offered by the cruiseline. Too many people were left waiting for their shuttles and some were even told to call for a taxi. Sorry for any confusion I caused to anyone who is booking with this company.

Archived