POA and soap

bfoot34

Seriously, for those going on the POA in the future, also, remember to bring along a bar of soap. They have only liquid soap dispensors in the bathroom. Ok for washing hands, but, in the shower it is not a pleasant experience trying to use the liquid soap dispensor with the shower on. I had to turn off the shower to soap down, and, then turn it back on. Not much fun.

Again, the POA has vastly improved from the its July start The crew is great. The rest is average but not bad. Enjoy your trip.

Seriously, for those going on the POA in the future, also, remember to bring along a bar of soap. They have only liquid soap dispensors in the bathroom. Ok for washing hands, but, in the shower it is not a pleasant experience trying to use the liquid soap dispensor with the shower on. I had to turn off the shower to soap down, and, then turn it back on. Not much fun.

Again, the POA has vastly improved from the its July start The crew is great. The rest is average but not bad. Enjoy your trip.

The thread should have been NCL and Soap - I always pack my own bar - the stuff in the dispenser is some kind of body gel and I never feel clean. Same on all the ships

The thread should have been NCL and Soap - I always pack my own bar - the stuff in the dispenser is some kind of body gel and I never feel clean. Same on all the ships
Even on the lines that give you bars of soap, it's those catering size tiny bars, which I also don't like.

I always bring my own full size bar of soap - even if it's a two or three night cruise - and then just leave it. Soap's cheap.

Definately bring your own soap. I forgot this last time, and boy was I sorry! The stuff in the dispenser in the shower is just so flat and inadequate. You need to pump out about 20 shots to even make the washcloth somewhat sudsy, and no amount will make you feel "clean" especially if you've been in the salt water.

I imagine the same goes for the shampoo - I always bring my own because my hair is colored (gotta cover that gray!) - but I'm sure someone here can give the lowdown on NCL's dispenser shampoo, too.

There is another solution. Pack one of those nylon mesh poufy balls that they sell at most drugstores. A couple drops of gel on one of those = mountains of suds.

I introduced my sons to these a few years ago and they use them with their addidas sports gels or whatever. They like them.

My husband finds them too 'girlie'.

I hate slimy soap bars sitting in soap dishes.

To each his own I guess.

PS. I find gel less drying than soap and I feel clean after I use it just not dried out.

Archived