Mazatlan Frank's partners??

friedmom

I tried to book Mazatlan Frank for a tour based on all the rave reviews on these boards, but it turns out he's booked for the day we are in port. He offered to arrange the tour with one of his partners. Anybody had any experience with his partners? Are they up to the same engaging quality that he seems to provide? Thanks for any guidance.

We went to the Mexican Riviera in June 2009 and at that time Mazatlan Frank had businesses (associates) in Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas; but Frank handled all the arrangements.

We knew ahead of time that when we got to Mazatlan we would not have Frank because he had another group that booked ahead of us. We met Frank at the Terminal and he introduced us to one of his employees ("Tomato") who then gave us the tour and it was great :)!

We did not make it to PV and Frank's tour there account the first Hurricane of the season. I belive that whoever or whatever Frank suggests or arranges, you will not go wrong.

Good luck and have fun.

We were lucky enough to get Frank last December but ran into his associates and their tours during some of the stops and everyone seemed to be having a great time. He has an excellent reputation and I'm sure wants to keep it so I think he would only recommend quality tour guides. His associates do the same stops as he does and it really is a fantastic overview of Mazatlan. I had been there 6 times previous and didn't have the appreciation for Mazatlan that I did after doing his tour.

Can't speak for other ports where he has associates but again I'm sure he wouldnt recommend them if he had received any negative reviews.

Tomato is an excellent choice and you will get everything that you expect from Frank. The person that Frank uses in Puerto Vallarta is a relative of his and I will be using him in February. I can't say enough nice things about Frank and Tomato and have met them several times at Tony's on the Beach (the restaurant that he will take you tour during your tour) even when I was not doing a tour. They both are "super" people. Have a great cruise!!!:):)

We returned today from a cruise of the Mexican Riviera. Mazatlan Frank was booked for a tour of Mazatlan, but he arranged a tour for our party of six with one of his partners, Ismael (Smile) Osuna. I don't see how Frank could be any better than "Smiley." We had a wonderful day and enjoyed Smiley's enthusiasm, humor, and love of his city. Do not be disappointed if you cannot tour with Mazatlan Frank. His partners do the same itineraries and they are terrific. If you are lucky enough to get Smiley, you will have a great day!

Archived