Scuba at Coco Cay - RCCL private island

mark290

We recently did a dive at Coco Cay in September. It was a shore dive, we were the first to get off of the ship to the island. They have a dive shop right on the beach and we had to swim a ways out to start our dive. It was a nice beach dive, saw a lot of small fish and sea urchins. the visability was around 70', the average depth was 35' and our dive was about 40 minutes. We used their regs, bc and fins. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am going to Coco Cay in Nov too. I have never Scuba Diving before. But I would like to try it this time. Should I join the "lession" or excusion?

Should I bring my own gears to save $?

Thank you very much!

If you aren't certified you would need to check and see if they offer Discover Scuba. Otherwise, you'd need to get certified to dive.

Do you have your own scuba gear? It's quite pricy to buy so you wouldn't be saving money if this is to be your only dive. If you are getting certified and are buying gear- then I'd bring my own. If you go to divessi.com you can complete a mini-academic portion of scuba diving then see what you think about getting certified.

Mark290 - we booked on Royal Caribbean's website under the shore excursions. There was only 1 time offered when we went in september. Perhaps it isn't offered your day there?

If I can remember it was only 10.00 more to rent all the gear.

Archived