Double Tree in San Pedro?

Fitnessmaniac

Hi everyone. :)

I have a couple of questions..We are sailing Mariner of Seas in about 3 weeks. We are flying into LAX 2 days before sailing. We are staying at Double Tree in San Pedro.

First ques. How far is San Pedro from Lax?

2nd: Is a cab the best way to get there?

3rd: How do we get to the port from there?

Thanks for any answers

Fitnessmaniac,

I am not sure of the distance to the Doubletree from LAX. I would call the Doubletree and see if they offer an airport pickup service, or if they could suggest a service for you. I understand that they offer a shuttle service to the pier on the morning of your cruise. You might want to check with them also on this matter. Have a great time and good luck to you.

Fitnessmaniac,

I am not sure of the distance to the Doubletree from LAX. I would call the Doubletree and see if they offer an airport pickup service, or if they could suggest a service for you. I understand that they offer a shuttle service to the pier on the morning of your cruise. You might want to check with them also on this matter. Have a great time and good luck to you.

Thank you, Seesee! :)

Hi everyone. :)

I have a couple of questions..We are sailing Mariner of Seas in about 3 weeks. We are flying into LAX 2 days before sailing. We are staying at Double Tree in San Pedro.

First ques. How far is San Pedro from Lax?

2nd: Is a cab the best way to get there?

3rd: How do we get to the port from there?

Thanks for any answers

We are also booked into the Doubletree pre-cruise. Here is what I have learned so far:

1st - LAX to San Pedro is too far to really matter.

2nd - The most cost effective way to get there is discussed in detail on the West Coast Departures forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413 The number in your party, the amount of luggage you have and your desire to get around once at the hotel will determine the "best way" for you and your party. A cab is reported to be $60-$65 plus tip. Various shuttle companies look very attractive (common shuttle vans as low as $17 pp or a dedicated vehicle for up to five people for $48). Enterprise has an office within blocks of the Doubletree and a one-way rental (LAX to San Pedro) looks attractive too.

3rd - The Doubletree offers a free shuttle service to any location within five miles of the hotel. This includes the port, it does not include LAX.

Enjoy!

We are also booked into the Doubletree pre-cruise. Here is what I have learned so far:

1st - LAX to San Pedro is too far to really matter.

2nd - The most cost effective way to get there is discussed in detail on the West Coast Departures forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413 The number in your party, the amount of luggage you have and your desire to get around once at the hotel will determine the "best way" for you and your party. A cab is reported to be $60-$65 plus tip. Various shuttle companies look very attractive (common shuttle vans as low as $17 pp or a dedicated vehicle for up to five people for $48). Enterprise has an office within blocks of the Doubletree and a one-way rental (LAX to San Pedro) looks attractive too.

3rd - The Doubletree offers a free shuttle service to any location within five miles of the hotel. This includes the port, it does not include LAX.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the information. :)

We stayed at the Doubletree on 10/24/09 for our recent cruise. They do provide shuttle to and from the dock. You need to make a reservation for the shuttle service at the bell desk when you check in. When you return from the cruise you are suppose to call them to pick you up. When we returned there were several people waiting in front of us for the shuttle back to the hotel. It took about 50 minutes before we go back to the hotel. They did not have enough shuttles operating on our return. A cab would have cost us $11.00 to go back to the Doubletree. It was a nice hotel, but we were not impressed with their shuttle service.

Archived