It's true...no more Ship on a Stick

stargate fan

We recently returned from a wonderful cruise on Miracle.

Let me preface by saying that I won a Ship on a Stick from each of our three previous Carnival cruises on Paradise, Victory, and Liberty. I was planning on bringing one home from Miracle to join the others on my entertainment center.

I won three medals for different contests on Miracle. I spoke with one of the entertainment staff members who told me that Carnival is going with the more generic medals rather than specifically named Ships on Sticks.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I dreamt of the coveted Ship on a Stick for the 360 days leading up to the cruise. Now I have an empty space where my Miracle Ship on a Stick should be sitting.

So, if anyone has a Miracle Ship on a Stick collecting dust and wants to exchange it for three Carnival medals, let me know.

What did you win them for... you didnt say.

Conquest they said only a little over a month ago they had gone to medals ONLY on smaller contests, the trivia, for larger contests they had ships on a stick.

Before Im going to believe someone on a msg board, I want to know what you won, was it a major contest or not? This was the policy only a month ago.

Last month the Holiday was still giving them out. If it is that important to someone I will put mine on Ebay and the highest bidder gets it. Also the Holiday pins, they must be instant high dollar collector items with the Holiday leaving our waters. What should I make as the minumum starting bid?:eek:

This is completely UNACCEPTABLE! Tell me it isn't so? My goal on each cruise is to get one Ship on a Stick and I now have quite a nice collection displayed in my office. I would hate for this 'tradition' to end!!!!!!

Last month the Holiday was still giving them out. If it is that important to someone I will put mine on Ebay and the highest bidder gets it. Also the Holiday pins, they must be instant high dollar collector items with the Holiday leaving our waters. What should I make as the minumum starting bid?:eek:

$100??!!

I got medals for trivia and the ship on a stick for winning the ping pong tournament.

I very much doubt that what the OP posted is true for every ship immediately. I was told medals for smaller contests, they are only giving out ships on a stick for the larger contests ..... she might not have won a ship on a stick, doesnt mean the whole fleet is not giving out any from now on for any contest.

They gave them away like hotcakes on the Holiday - maybe to get rid of them all since they were retiring her. Every time someone said their name, they were presented with a "genuine 100% gold one of a kind plastic ship on a stick". Followed by a WOOO HOOO by Tori

I think that is why I got mine. True, they were giving them out all over the ship for all the events. Kind of cool tho, only one I have ever received. Good reminder for a great old ship.

I know, I will use the word "rare" in the description. That works every time.

Traveler, I find using the word "vintage" works well too.

For sale: 2009 rare, vintage Ship on a Stick. One of a kind. Belonged to my great, great, great grandmother. ;)

What did you win them for... you didnt say.

Conquest they said only a little over a month ago they had gone to medals ONLY on smaller contests, the trivia, for larger contests they had ships on a stick.

Before Im going to believe someone on a msg board, I want to know what you won, was it a major contest or not? This was the policy only a month ago.

Perhaps each ship will stop awarding them as their supply runs out.

I won the medals for different trivia games. We also attended many other contests and games and every winner was handed a medal and/or a bottle of champagne. I did not witness a single Ship on a Ship handed out.

As I stated earlier, I was told by a member of the entertainment staff (one of the cruise director's assistants) that Miracle was no longer awarding Ships on Sticks and that Carnival was going with the generic medals.

I amend that last part...I just remembered that I was told by two different entertainment staff members that there were no more Ships on Sticks on Miracle.

I got one too for my hideous singing at the piano bar 2 cruises ago. Sadly they did not give them out on my September cruise this year.

We recently returned from a wonderful cruise on Miracle.

Let me preface by saying that I won a Ship on a Stick from each of our three previous Carnival cruises on Paradise, Victory, and Liberty. I was planning on bringing one home from Miracle to join the others on my entertainment center.

I won three medals for different contests on Miracle. I spoke with one of the entertainment staff members who told me that Carnival is going with the more generic medals rather than specifically named Ships on Sticks.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I dreamt of the coveted Ship on a Stick for the 360 days leading up to the cruise. Now I have an empty space where my Miracle Ship on a Stick should be sitting.

So, if anyone has a Miracle Ship on a Stick collecting dust and wants to exchange it for three Carnival medals, let me know.

My friend won the ping pong tourney and got a medal that hung around his neck. must vary from cruise to cruise. but we had no S on a S on our glory cruise in september.

$100??!!

I got medals for trivia and the ship on a stick for winning the ping pong tournament.

I very much doubt that what the OP posted is true for every ship immediately. I was told medals for smaller contests, they are only giving out ships on a stick for the larger contests ..... she might not have won a ship on a stick, doesnt mean the whole fleet is not giving out any from now on for any contest.

My friend won the ping pong tourney and got a medal that hung around his neck. must vary from cruise to cruise. but we had no S on a S on our glory cruise in september.

The OP said no more ... i.e. no more on any ship in the Carnival fleet. My objection was it was a sweeping genelization, when Im betting it didnt apply to every single ship.... my point was not every single ship has discontinued them.

If you are going to make a sweeping generization about all ships get your facsts first. If the OP posted that HER ship didnt have them, I wouldnt have disputed her claim.

I amend that last part...I just remembered that I was told by two different entertainment staff members that there were no more Ships on Sticks on Miracle.

Your post didnt say on Miracle ... you said no more ships on a stick ... i.e. no more on any ship... thats why I posted that I had won one.

Glad you backed down.. peace

We agree

Archived