Has this ever happended to you

notalandlover

I got a price reduction on my crusie and sent in the form requesting OBC. :) It was approved since I booked early saver rate etc. Carvinal emailed me noting an upgarde from a 4D to a 4E with the OBC. I tried to call my agent but she's out of town. Does anyone know why carvinal would change my booking from a 4D to a 4E.:confused:

I got a price reduction on my crusie and sent in the form requesting OBC. :) It was approved since I booked early saver rate etc. Carvinal emailed me noting an upgarde from a 4D to a 4E with the OBC. I tried to call my agent but she's out of town. Does anyone know why carvinal would change my booking from a 4D to a 4E.:confused:

Because they are changing categories. As long as your cabin hasn't changed don't worry about it.

I am still kind of new to all of this, but I was checking and our cabin Lido/Interior changed from a 4F to 4G and the price went up about $55/pp. The cabin is the same, but from our booking info and now the website, just the CAT has changed. It doesn't look like I will be getting OBC LOL.

btw, why do they change cat's?

I am still kind of new to all of this, but I was checking and our cabin Lido/Interior changed from a 4F to 4G and the price went up about $55/pp. The cabin is the same, but from our booking info and now the website, just the CAT has changed. It doesn't look like I will be getting OBC LOL.

btw, why do they change cat's?

Carnival changes categories every so often so that they can charge more for the more desirable cabins. Cabins that used to be highly sought after because they were a great deal within a specific category now have higher letters and cost more. There have been 2 major changes in categories since I started cruising a few years ago. It used to be if you knew of a certain cabin that had a perk like an extra window or a better configuration people would jump on booking those because they were a great deal within a category.

Archived