Questions about pools

Konagal

Could you comment on the possibility of walking rather than swimming against the current? Is the water warm and is it salt or chlorinated?

I am excited about using this pool -- I don't do spas and usually don't feel like a 30 min swim is worth the fee. Thanks.

Current pool is the Lotus spa pool. Mostly all pools on Princess ships are fresh water chlorinated. The only Princess ship I've been on that had salt water pools was the Tahitian (soon to be Ocean) Yes you can walk instead of swim. The water is pretty warm and If memory serves, its about 4-5 ft deep.

All Pools are free. The only "pool" I have ever paid to use was the Thalassotherapy pool on the Tahitian. It was really not a pool but more like a GIANT hot tub. It had special minerals in the water and there was a ladder type thing towards the back of it that was on about a 45 degree angle that had jets spraying water from it. You can lay on it.

It was $10 per day per person. WORTH EVERY PENNY. They only allow 12 pax.

So it is very quiet and private. Not crowded at all.

the splash pool on the Coral is one of our favorite places to pass some time. It is round, shallow, and when the ship motion is just right due to the waves, the water in the splash pool travels in a circle around the pool, lots of soothing fun. It is usually pretty quiet up there. Not a kiddie venue at all, top deck, as far as I know, stairs only to get up to that last level, and it can get pretty windy.

the splash pool on the Coral is one of our favorite places to pass some time. It is round, shallow, and when the ship motion is just right due to the waves, the water in the splash pool travels in a circle around the pool, lots of soothing fun. It is usually pretty quiet up there. Not a kiddie venue at all, top deck, as far as I know, stairs only to get up to that last level, and it can get pretty windy.

That's funny I always just assumed it was a kids pool because it was shallow.

On the Coral. it was written above that the Lotus Spa pool has artificial currents. Is the current on all the time, or only at certain hours, or only on "request" (like some hot tub vibrators)? We intend to use that pool as our main pool (no children allowed, ours is the Christmas cruise, and also away from the "dinning" area - MUTS) and I', sure we'd like a calm pool - at least sometimes.

TIA and Shalom.

On the Coral. it was written above that the Lotus Spa pool has artificial currents. Is the current on all the time, or only at certain hours, or only on "request" (like some hot tub vibrators)? We intend to use that pool as our main pool (no children allowed, ours is the Christmas cruise, and also away from the "dinning" area - MUTS) and I', sure we'd like a calm pool - at least sometimes.

TIA and Shalom.

There is a button to press just under the water that starts the current at any time you desire.

Archived