What is the cost of drink packages in US$

daveb9

Hi,

I have been reading the threads on this forum about the various drink packages but am unable to find any info about the cost of them in US dollars. I converted the Euros to US but that may not be how Costa does it. I booked the X1 about four months ago for our 11-21 sailing but may want to change to J2. I just thought if someone had a link to the cost of each package online in US$ they could link it here. Or, if you know the prices please post them. Any info is appreciated.

Dave

I should mention that we are sailing out of FLL as maybe the price is different on the US sailings. When I booked the X1 in June I believe I was quoted $91 for myself and did not book it for my wife or son. I printed out my e-docs and there is no mention of it on them. Should there be?

Dave

Just booked it at $96 USD per person, no group requirement, rep even asked if we both wanted it or just one...which I did not thin was an option.

Bob

What type of beverage card are you talking about??? What does it include, is it only good in the dining room?

I tried to book an X-1 package (called Costa direct) for the 11-21 sailing from Ft. Lauderdale and was told it was $96.00 and I would need to purchase it for both adults in the cabin as well as our daughter ($60.00 for the kids version). I asked about the J-2 package and was told that it is for groups only and every member of the group must purchase. We are part of a group through the online travel agent we booked with but there are 99 people in the group and all would need to buy the package. We decided not to buy any package because of the "all must purchase" requirement. I may try to call again to try a different agent to see if we could get it without having to buy one for our daughter.

I paid $195 US for 2 X-1 Packages, you get free draft beer (Carlsburg on my Euro Cruise), house wine, soft drinks, mineral water, sparkling water, blah blah....I was able to use it at the Buffet as long as we were sitting at the table, the difference is that they only give you the drinks in a glass, they dont give you the whole bottle or can like they do in the dining room..

Our cruise sails on 14th November and we were told that the price is $13.96 PP per day but during the cruise the new prices come in at $16.10 PP per day. These prices include 15% service charge and the package must be booked at least one week in advance of the cruise. Last year we were told two weeks. The total charge for the two week cruise for two guests came to $390.91 and is charged to your credit card in advance of the cruise. These are US$ prices.

If you log on to Costa and register for your cruise, you can actually see that the package is listed on line in your cruise account.

Archived