Just off the Majesty

Julma

Had a great cruise. Pre-night. Loews was nice. Got to the pier around 12, every step was a breeze. Walked around the ship, had something to eat, then off to room at 1 to put on bathing suits and our luggage was already there...awesome. Our room was 9052, I know some of you asked...it is a good room. The view was somewhat obstructed but you can still see out fine. The room was large enough and certainly had enough storage space. I didn't use at least half of the space. We never heard any outside noise in the cabin. Imade was the attendant and our room was kept spotless and there was always a towel animal. He did a terrific job. MTD was fine. We ate at different times each night. We would call in the morning based on what our day was like. Never had to wait and always got the time we wanted. We did see some people try to get a table at 6:30 and were told 8:15 was the earliest. I would suggest calling early in the day. We had one server Clifford, who was great!! The food was what I expected. We took the Jewel last year and I thought the Windjammer was better on the Majesty. Maybe because there were fewer people. The ship is in good shape. I didn't see the wear and tear some people talk about. I thought, because we have been on bigger ships I would find her small, I didn't at all. Our cruise director was Ricky "Martin" and he was full of energy. Take an afternoon nap and stay up for his pool parties, they are a blast! The ports were fine, we got off in Nassua walked around just a bit. Had grand plans of going over to Atlantis in the afternoon...found pool chairs, participated in some of the activities and decided since we didn't have a sea day to stay on the ship. CocoCay was beautiful. Snorkling was good. Beware of the jelly fish. Bring cash onto the island. We didn't and I wanted to buy a hat and couldn't. Key West was fun. We did the Old Town Trolley Tour. That was informative the only complaint is that there were some long waits because trolleys were full. It is tough to "wait" while you are on vacation. We walked off the ship with our luggage at 7:10...easy. Our flights were out of FLL. Twenty minutes from the ship. We used SAS transportation. On the way there they were great on the way home...not so much. We called when we got off the ship and within about 10 minutes we had a driver. We then spent the next hour and ten minutes driving around and around the port terminal picking up and waiting for other guests. I understand this is not private transportation, but never expected that. Some of the passengers asked to get off so they could grab a cab. Our flight out was 12:30 and we were at the airport by 9:15...more than enough time. Know that I will complain if there is something to complain about, so this truly was just about a perfect trip. I will say that I found having cruised before and keeping up on cruise critic helps a ton. I didn't think they did a great job of getting info to the new cruisers and they floundered a bit. This is a brief overview, so please fire away with questions.

It is obstructed, but not bad. Most of the window is covered by just a cable. On the right side is the front of a lifeboat, so that is more obstructed. You really can't see down. The window is large (I sat a drank my coffee in it one morning). The lifeboats are probably four feet out, so it is not like you are looking right at them. I will check for pictures. Location is great and it was very quiet. Space was plentiful. I packed using flat hangers, so most everything was just transfered to the closet.

It is obstructed, but not bad. Most of the window is covered by just a cable. On the right side is the front of a lifeboat, so that is more obstructed. You really can't see down. The window is large (I sat a drank my coffee in it one morning). The lifeboats are probably four feet out, so it is not like you are looking right at them. I will check for pictures. Location is great and it was very quiet. Space was plentiful. I packed using flat hangers, so most everything was just transfered to the closet.

This is probably stupid but what is a flat hanger?

TIm

Not a stupid question. I am not sure if there is a generic name for them, but they are super slim and light weight hangers that keep your clothes neat and in place without ruining them like metal ones. They take up about 1/3 of the space as plastic hangers. The hangers in ships' closets are huge and take up a ton of space.

We always fold our clothes with a small wired hanger. Once we get our luggage, open up the garmet, grab the hanger, and they unfold and hang right up, no need for their wooden hangers. We take them off the rod and place them in the floor of the closet.

Was just wondering if your hangers were smaller than ours for this purpose.

THANKS!

Tim

Archived