Island - Acapulco transfer

cruisinlawn

I have already posted on the ports board but wanted to see what recommendations I got here. We'll be boarding Island in ACA, flying in at noon day of cruise. I know, I'm not thrilled bout that part but that's how it is this time. My question..what's the best way to transfer from airport to cruiseport? Most searches turn up 'take a taxi'. I just wanted to get anyone's take here whom may have done this. Oh, there will be six of us and many bags I'm sure along with a wheelchair. Thanks for any input.

Go to tripadvisor.com. There is an Acapulco forum there that can provide you with various taxi/van emails. I would say it would be best with that many people to pre book a van.

We are doing a post cruise excursion in Acapulco with Rudy at toursbyvan.com but I am not sure if he does just transfers. He is very quick to respond so you could try and email him. info@*********.com.

He is very reasonable for the tour so maybe the transfer will be too but I think he will prove to be reliable and that is the important thing.

I have never been one to advocate transfers; but after departing on The Island last February from Acapulco if I had it to do over again we would have taken the Princess transfer.

We used a highly recommended taxi/van service (I forgot the name) and it cost more in tips than the trip did. We flew in a day early and our luggage was unloaded at the hotel by someone at the curb. We tipped the van driver and the person who helped with the luggage. You guessed it, we had to find someone else to take the luggage into the hotel. And then the bellman who brought it to our room.

This is the only place that I have been where I wish we had take the Princess transfer, it would have been so much easier and less costly.

Mike:)

I have already posted on the ports board but wanted to see what recommendations I got here. We'll be boarding Island in ACA, flying in at noon day of cruise. I know, I'm not thrilled bout that part but that's how it is this time. My question..what's the best way to transfer from airport to cruiseport? Most searches turn up 'take a taxi'. I just wanted to get anyone's take here whom may have done this. Oh, there will be six of us and many bags I'm sure along with a wheelchair. Thanks for any input.

We will be boarding in Ft.Lauderdale on Dec 30 and getting off in Acapulco on Jan 9th.

We made arrangements with Princess for transfer to the airport, so I assume you could make arrangements to have them pick you up at the airport. I think the charge is $68 for the two of us, but it takes the hassle out of getting to the airport.

Archived