Nieuw Amsterdam Float Out......

sail7seas

Maybe I missed it but if I did, perhaps other people did as well.

So, I thought I'd mention that on October 30, 2009, Nieuw Amsterdam was successfully (and happily) floated out at Fincantieri ShipYard. I would really love to have the chance to see a float out of an HAL ship someday. Not likely to happen I'm sure but it would be on my 'wish list'. Seeing as HAL has no plans for future ships, I better not get too hopeful. :)

That must mean she is coming along nicely and about on schedule.

Maybe I missed it but if I did, perhaps other people did as well.

So, I thought I'd mention that on October 30, 2009, Nieuw Amsterdam was successfully (and happily) floated out at Fincantieri ShipYard. I would really love to have the chance to see a float out of an HAL ship someday. Not likely to happen I'm sure but it would be on my 'wish list'. Seeing as HAL has no plans for future ships, I better not get too hopeful. :)

That must mean she is coming along nicely and about on schedule.

Yes, it kinda got eclipsed by the Oasis sailing the same day, even on this forum. Copper/John posted a link to a good video clip. I'll see if I can find it. IIRC suggested it might even be ready early. That might give them the time to fix all the little things that plagued Eurodam.

Yes, it kinda got eclipsed by the Oasis sailing the same day, even on this forum. Copper/John posted a link to a good video clip. I'll see if I can find it. IIRC suggested it might even be ready early. That might give them the time to fix all the little things that plagued Eurodam.

Actually, I was sent a series of photos and they're wonderful and I really enjoyed viewing them! I don't know how to transfer them here to the board from my e-mail.

Actually, I was sent a series of photos and they're wonderful and I really enjoyed viewing them! I don't know how to transfer them here to the board from my e-mail.
Hmmm - I can't find the video clip. Maybe I imagined it from the still shots that Copper posted on his ongoing N.A. thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=935019

Check what he has posted in #110 and #111, and if you have different pics you could send yours to him for posting on the same thread. You have his email, right?

I have been watching her progress, as we are booked on her in October 2010.

Is it me, or does this not seem to be getting the same traction that the inauguration of the Eurodam received?

Agree with OP that watching one of these would be purely spectacular! I get chills just watching my boat splash every year, and it's a whole lot smaller! :eek:

Is it me, or does this not seem to be getting the same traction that the inauguration of the Eurodam received?

I agree that the buzz on this forum is much, much less. IMO that's partly because the novelty is missing this time. We know most of the answers to questions that we had about the Eurodam, and the differences with the N.A. seem to be minor.

Also, after the unhappiness of the many CCers that went on the E'dam inaugural, there doesn't seem to be any rush by the regulars here to repeat that experience!! :)

Archived