Drinks

carolinesmom

We just booked our first cruise on the Celebrity Century for a 5 night w caribbean leaving end of March. I have gotten some great information from these boards already. I'm trying to figure out what to do with regards to drinks. It will be my husband and I and our 4 children (14, 12, 9, and 6). They don't drink a lot of soda but will want one or two per day. How much are the sodas versus buying the unlimited cards? I also saw they have a wine package. My husband will probably drink more beer than wine, and maybe a few mixed drinks. I'll have wine for dinner every night and maybe something other than wine before dinner. What does the wine package include? How much wine do we need to drink to make it worthwhile to do it rather than just ordering a bottle when we want one?

What drinks are included? At breakfast I'm assuming you can get coffee/tea/juice with breakfast, unless you go to the specialty coffee spot. How about having coffee/tea sent to our rooms in the morning, is that extra? What drinks are available at lunch/dinner without a charge? I'm just trying to figure out the most economical thing to do.

Thanks so much!

Coffee, tea, milk, juice and breakfast is available with room service. There is no charge except to tip the person who delivers it. They have a menu card that you fill out and hang it on your door before you go to bed. It asks what time you would like to have the breakfast delivered.

I believe the unlimited soda cards are around $6 per person per day and you have to buy it for the whole cruise. You get the soda from a bar or bartender. Coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, Lemonade, fruit punch, Iced tea, milk is available at no extra charge in the main dining room and the buffet. Individual sodas are probably $1.50 to $2 each plus 15% gratuity.

You also might just want to buy a 12 pack of pop before you board and then replenish in ports, that will be much cheaper. The wine packages are for so many bottles and you can have the cork a bottle if you do not finish it at dinner and have it again the next night. I am not sure how much of a deal the Celebrity wine packages are though.

We see people carting on 24 packs of soda all the time. Same for water. Save a ton by doing that for your kids.

Since it will be just you drinking wine, I don't know if you would want to spend for a wine package. It comes with bottles of different price levels and isn't really THAT much more economical than buying on board. Order a bottle at dinner and have it corked and saved for the next night....IF you don't finsh it.

Know too you can carry on 2 bottles. Drink those in your room as you'll be charges 25$ to open it and serve it to you in a bar or restaurant.

If you PRE order wine via the X web site, you will save the gratuity and corking fee. You can have it delivered to your room or your restaurant and date of choice.

Archived